java web start can run console app?

Matt

java web start can only runs swing/awt applications? but not console
applications? I put console application as java web start application,
and it doesn't work and no error at all.

Please advise. thanks!!

Andrew Thompson

java web start can only runs swing/awt applications? but not console
applications? I put console application as java web start application,
and it doesn't work and no error at all.

I am not sure whether JWS can be used for non-GUI'd apps,,
but then, JWS will run apps. with no console.

Are you *sure* it does not run? Try creating a file in a JWS
non-GUI app. and see if it exists after you have launched it.

Bent C Dalager

java web start can only runs swing/awt applications? but not console
applications? I put console application as java web start application,
and it doesn't work and no error at all.

If your app works by accessing the console, then at the very least you
need to open the web start console to see any output from it.

If the app needs to do file access or similarly security-restricted
operations, then it needs to be signed and request all-permissions
from the web start runtime. Or else be rewritten to use the JNLP
services.

Cheers
Bent D