Java Web Start - config question

hsienda

Hey all,
i have built a Java Web Start application. i package my
application(includes client's config.xml) into the jar. If client
saves and changes config.xml in the jar will it download the whole jar
again? If the answer is that it will download again, Is there any
solution let client can keep their config file?

hsienda

thank a lot for your suggestion.
i try using Package java.util.prefs ,but i have some trouble.

Here is my code, it is jws security problem

Preferences prefsdemo =
Preferences.userRoot().node("/foo");

jws tell me "access denied(java.lang.RuntimePermission preferences)"
i don't know how to solve this problem,
anyone knows?
thanks.