Java Web Start - Microphone access

Joel

I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
it behaves a bit differently. I'm wondering if its largely because
of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

Andrew Thompson

Joel said:
I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
it behaves a bit differently.

(insert description of problem here)
...I'm wondering if its largely because
of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

Your question is very vague. _What_ is the
problem you experience, or better still, where
is the URL that displays the problem?

Joel

Its complaining it doesn't have "AudioPermission record".
Its not clear to me, can I ask for this permission, WITHOUT
signing the jar file?

Andrew Thompson

Please do not top post, Joel.
Its complaining it doesn't have "AudioPermission record".
Its not clear to me, can I ask for this permission, WITHOUT
signing the jar file?

From the JavaDocs..
"This permission can enable an applet or
application to eavesdrop on a user."

So, to answer your question.

dumb answer) No.
smart answer) Sign the jar and there will be no problem.

HTH