    doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

    http://www.harmonicagame.com/
    Bendometer - How low can you bend?
    Joel, Dec 11, 2003

  2. "Joel" <> wrote in message
    news:6oRBb.572$...

    > I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
    > it behaves a bit differently.

    (insert description of problem here)

    > ...I'm wondering if its largely because
    > of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
    > doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

    Your question is very vague. _What_ is the
    problem you experience, or better still, where
    is the URL that displays the problem?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Its complaining it doesn't have "AudioPermission record".
    Its not clear to me, can I ask for this permission, WITHOUT
    signing the jar file?

    Joel, Dec 11, 2003
  4. "Joel" <> wrote in message

    Please do not top post, Joel.

    > "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > > "Joel" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > I've packaged an application using JavaWebStart, unfortunately
    > > > it behaves a bit differently.

    > > (insert description of problem here)
    > >
    > > > ...I'm wondering if its largely because
    > > > of its need to access the microphone (recording). The documentation
    > > > doesn't seem to mention it, is this restricted (needs signing)?

    > > Your question is very vague. _What_ is the
    > > problem you experience, or better still, where
    > > is the URL that displays the problem?

    > Its complaining it doesn't have "AudioPermission record".
    > Its not clear to me, can I ask for this permission, WITHOUT
    > signing the jar file?

    From the JavaDocs..
    "This permission can enable an applet or
    application to eavesdrop on a user."

    So, to answer your question.

    dumb answer) No.
    smart answer) Sign the jar and there will be no problem.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Dec 11, 2003