Java Web Start vs Applet

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ahmed Moustafa, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Is deploying an application with JNLP and Java Web Start more portable
    than the Java Plug-in?
    Ahmed Moustafa, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Ahmed Moustafa

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:49:29 GMT, Ahmed Moustafa
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Is deploying an application with JNLP and Java Web Start more portable
    >than the Java Plug-in?

    Yes. You don't have a buggy browser fouling things up.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:49:29 GMT, Ahmed Moustafa
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >

    >>Is deploying an application with JNLP and Java Web Start more portable
    >>than the Java Plug-in?

    > Yes. You don't have a buggy browser fouling things up.

    How about Mac OS? I think there is no implementation for Mac.
    Ahmed Moustafa, Aug 22, 2003
  4. Ahmed Moustafa

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:00:00 GMT, Ahmed Moustafa
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >How about Mac OS? I think there is no implementation for Mac.

    Mac OS is stuck on 1.1.8. Then there is 1.4.1 for Mac OSX.

    You can find out if OSX works by clicking on the sample JWS app at
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Aug 22, 2003
  5. Ahmed Moustafa

    Tom Anderson Guest

    FYI

    I have the same JWS application running on Windoze and MacOSX (Jaguar - JVM
    1.4.1) -

    RGDS - Tom Anderson

    in article , Roedy Green at

    Tom Anderson, Aug 23, 2003