java web start with security web access

Discussion in 'Java' started by slc, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. slc

    slc Guest

    I have deployed a Java Web Start Application into a web server with
    restriction area.

    If i use tomcat user when I start Jws application there is this error:

    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and
    Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5\JNFOKRZK\admin[1].jnlp (The system cannot find the
    file specified)

    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

    at
    com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

    at com.sun.javaws.Main.main(Unknown Source)

    Few month ago i do it using redhat 7.3, apache 1.3, mod_jk 1.x and
    apache authentication. Java Web Start ask for userid and passowrd
    before loading jnlp and jar.

    Now I' m using Fedora, apache 2.x, mod_jk2, and with mod_jk2 apache
    authentication are ignored (uri:www.mydomain.com:/*]

    How it's possibile that with mod_jk 1 was possible use java web start
    in apache restrected web area and with mod_jk2 or tomcat restricted
    area isn't possible?

    Thank for help

    Slc.

    slc, Jul 27, 2004