Java - WebDAV - MS Office question

polsa

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project using JBoss Seam. As part of this
project the customer wants an Integration into MS Office (just like in
Sharepoint). This basically means that they can open and save office
documents sitting on the server.

My idea was/is to use a WebDAV server to store the documents. Does
anybody have any expierence in this and could give me some helpful
hints or point me to information on how to integrate with MS Office
using WebDAV and Java?

TIA,

Filip

Jarod

polsa said:
Hi all,

I am currently working on a project using JBoss Seam. As part of this
project the customer wants an Integration into MS Office (just like in
Sharepoint). This basically means that they can open and save office
documents sitting on the server.

My idea was/is to use a WebDAV server to store the documents. Does
anybody have any expierence in this and could give me some helpful
hints or point me to information on how to integrate with MS Office
using WebDAV and Java?

You can check Jakarta Slide project. Unfortunatelly, it is not active
project any more.

Jarod

polsa

Hi,

I was looking at Jackrabbit (seams to be the successor of slide). My
question was actually more targetting towards the directory layout and
things like this to make office work with WebDAV seamlessly.

Greetings,

Filip