Java WebStart and JFileChooser

Alex Schonlinner

Dear group readers,

We currently have a standard Java application which is running
just fine. Now we'd like to distribute it using WebStart. This
works fine for most of the part.

But: Serveral PC's have policies which allow writing only into
some specific directories. Now when using JFileChooser it first
of all tries to scan the available drives. This now fails with
SecurityExceptions. We tried to use a FileSystemView class of
our own but this did not work, too.

Does anybody know how to use the JFileChooser in an environment
where only a single directory has read/write access for an
application and all ther directories have neither read nor
write access?

Best regards,
Alex