Java WMA to MIDI Converter

John Ryan

Does anyone know of such tool?? Or even better, a linux version?!

If not, anyone know of something like, a wma to mp3 converter and then
another program for end conversion to midi??

THANKS

Roedy Green

To convert music (MP3 or WMA) to notes (MIDI)
requires that the music be transcribed.

For monophonic music there is a tool that does it, presumably by doing
FFTs. It can even work in real time on voice. See
http://mindprod.com/midi.html

I asked the author about the possibility of doing a version that could
handle chords, perhaps with piano or harpsichord, hoping it could be
used to restore the old recordings or take out Glenn Gould's humming.

He felt it was a way off and knew of nobody working on it.

Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I suggest you try Intelliscore WMA to MIDI Converter. You can download it from intelliscore.net

Intelliscore can handle chords and can convert from MP3 files, although it is a Windows program, not Java.