    (similar to delphi, visual basic etc).

    Is this the main purpose?

    What is then Enterprise Java Beans? Same purpose?
    Andersen, Dec 16, 2005

  2. For EJBs (Enterprise Java Beans), the purpose is also "to build reusable
    components", and hence the same terminlogy "Beans" is used. (A bean, which
    you just drop somewhere and then use it).

    However, other than that, they are totally different things. EJBs are used
    to write server-side software (more precisely, the back-end), and to that
    extent there is a whole framework for threading, security and all that
    around it. (Free PDF book on EJBs:
    http://www.theserverside.com/books/wiley/masteringEJB/)

    David.

    David Van de Voorde, Dec 16, 2005