JavaBeans need help

Discussion in 'Java' started by HS1, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. HS1

    HS1 Guest

    Hello

    I have to modify a session java bean (of other developers) as this bean has
    an error in it.

    This session bean is used to add, update or delete items in a database using
    sql query.

    This bean includes remote home and local home interface, a remote and local
    interface for the bean and a enterprise bean class (this enterprise bean
    class implements the business login for the bean). The enterprise bean has
    some function add, modify items.

    I also have a client application that call business methods with the bean.
    The application work well with function "add". However, there is error in
    the function "modify" as it has a wrong String sql query (for "UPDATE"
    query). I hope you understand the case.

    Therefore, I have to change some code for this function in the enterprise
    bean class. Then I compile whole session bean into new classes. Next, I uses
    these new classes in my client application in the classes path.

    However, when I run the client application, the application still uses the
    old bean and do not update what I have changed in the enterprise bean class.

    So my question is:

    After changing or modifying a function in an enterprise bean class in a
    session bean (but still keep the same the return values and arguments in
    this function-this means I do not have to change return values and arguments
    in interface classes), what I have to do to make that change to be affected.

    I think it is simple, however, I spend some days with it but it did not
    work.

    Could you PLEASE help

    Many thanks

    SH1
    HS1, Nov 20, 2004

  2. HS1

    KiLVaiDeN Guest

    "HS1" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >

    > I have to modify a session java bean (of other developers) as this bean

    has
    > an error in it.
    >

    > This session bean is used to add, update or delete items in a database

    using
    > sql query.
    >

    > This bean includes remote home and local home interface, a remote and

    local
    > interface for the bean and a enterprise bean class (this enterprise bean
    > class implements the business login for the bean). The enterprise bean has
    > some function add, modify items.
    >

    > I also have a client application that call business methods with the bean.
    > The application work well with function "add". However, there is error in
    > the function "modify" as it has a wrong String sql query (for "UPDATE"
    > query). I hope you understand the case.
    >

    > Therefore, I have to change some code for this function in the enterprise
    > bean class. Then I compile whole session bean into new classes. Next, I

    uses
    > these new classes in my client application in the classes path.
    >

    > However, when I run the client application, the application still uses the
    > old bean and do not update what I have changed in the enterprise bean

    class.

    > So my question is:
    >

    > After changing or modifying a function in an enterprise bean class in a
    > session bean (but still keep the same the return values and arguments in
    > this function-this means I do not have to change return values and

    arguments
    > in interface classes), what I have to do to make that change to be

    affected.

    > I think it is simple, however, I spend some days with it but it did not
    > work.
    >

    > Could you PLEASE help
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > SH1

    Could you please tell on which environnement this is all working ?
    Are you using RMI on that application ? I guess you do

    Tomcat ?

    KiLVaiDeN, Nov 21, 2004

  3. HS1

    HS1 Guest

    Thanks
    I use JBoss,
    I found the solution, I have to create jar file for the server and put in
    JBoss folder

    HS1, Nov 21, 2004