javadoc: excluding files

Discussion in 'Java' started by HK, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. HK

    HK Guest

    Consider the following setup of package bla:

    bla/...
    bla/Bla.java
    bla/Trouble.java
    bla/...

    Now consider that Trouble.java uses a foreign
    package dodo, which may or may not be available on
    the machine where javadoc is run.

    When I run javadoc by specifying the package bla

    javadoc -quiet -d javadoc -sourcepath src bla

    on a machine without dodo, I get a compiler error
    saying 'package dodo does not exist'.

    When I run javadoc by specifying all *.java files

    javadoc -quiet -d javadoc src/bla/Bla.java

    I cannot use {@link bla} anymore without getting a
    warning about a '@link: reference not found'.

    Obviously I would like to exclude Trouble.java
    from javadoc while calling it on the package
    name. (Note: I am not asking for automatic
    exclusion. This would be taken care of by the
    build environment.)

    Below you find code for two class files of package
    bla to demonstrate the problem.

    Any solutions?

    Harald.

    -------bla/Trouble.java-----------
    package bla;
    import dodo.*;
    /**
    * <p>A class which only compiles if a certain piece of software is
    * available in the classpath, exemplified by the import above.</p>
    */
    public class Trouble {
    }
    package bla;