javadoc like

Denis Pithon

Personnaly, I try it (for C) and I'm not really convince...
Doxygen seems to be for OO programming, not really for pure C style
programming. Unfortunately I do not know another documentation system
really designed for C language. I anyone does...

Denis

Stig Brautaset

Denis Pithon said:
Personnaly, I try it (for C) and I'm not really convince...

I'm (ab)using it for C too. It works very well for me.
Doxygen seems to be for OO programming, not really for pure C style
programming. Unfortunately I do not know another documentation system
really designed for C language. I anyone does...

It does have an "optimise for C" setting, though I agree it is a bit
strange that doxygen persists in calling my structs "classes" even when
this is set.

Stig

stef

Hi...

I would like to use a free tool like javadoc... for pure C of course :)
but even on google the choice isn't terrible ?

what kind of tools do you use ?

thanx...

stef

David =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Garc=EDa?=

Stig Brautaset tuvo a bien escribir...
I'm (ab)using it for C too. It works very well for me.

It does have an "optimise for C" setting, though I agree it is a bit
strange that doxygen persists in calling my structs "classes" even when
this is set.

Stig

If it does not exist why don't code it ?

A doc system oriented to pure C (i think it would be a really good idea)

Greetings

Darrell Grainger

Hi...

I would like to use a free tool like javadoc... for pure C of course :)
but even on google the choice isn't terrible ?

what kind of tools do you use ?

I was going to suggest BumbleBee but when I checked the URL it is gone and
someone is trying to sell the address.

Someone has suggested Doxygen (that would have been my second choice since
as noted it is more C/C++ then pure C).

A quick search produced DocJet and NDoc as well. Check out
http://www.tall-tree.com/home.php4. This is the site for DocJet. It has a
comparison of DocJet, Doxygen, JavaDoc and NDoc.

I have also heard of CWeb. There are newsgroups dedicated to it. It is
sort of like TeX for C programming. This might be overkill for what
you are looking for. TeX is a typesetting language. Check out
http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/cweb.html for more information.