javadoc like

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Mike Wahler, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Mike Wahler

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "stef" <> wrote in message
    news:c07jdv$gvt$...
    > Hi...
    >
    > I would like to use a free tool like javadoc... for pure C of course :)
    > but even on google the choice isn't terrible ?
    >
    > what kind of tools do you use ?

    Try :
    www.doxygen.org

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Mike Wahler

    Denis Pithon Guest

    > Try :
    > www.doxygen.org
    >
    > -Mike

    Personnaly, I try it (for C) and I'm not really convince...
    Doxygen seems to be for OO programming, not really for pure C style
    programming. Unfortunately I do not know another documentation system
    really designed for C language. I anyone does...

    Denis

    Denis Pithon, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Mike Wahler <> spoke thus:

    > www.doxygen.org

    Perhaps this URL should be included in the FAQ, given the number of
    times this exact question comes up?

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Denis Pithon <-technoogies.com> wrote:
    >> www.doxygen.org

    > Personnaly, I try it (for C) and I'm not really convince...

    I'm (ab)using it for C too. It works very well for me.

    > Doxygen seems to be for OO programming, not really for pure C style
    > programming. Unfortunately I do not know another documentation system
    > really designed for C language. I anyone does...

    It does have an "optimise for C" setting, though I agree it is a bit
    strange that doxygen persists in calling my structs "classes" even when
    this is set.

    Stig
    --
    brautaset.org

    stef, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Stig Brautaset tuvo a bien escribir...

    > Denis Pithon <-technoogies.com> wrote:
    >>> www.doxygen.org

    >> Personnaly, I try it (for C) and I'm not really convince...

    > I'm (ab)using it for C too. It works very well for me.
    >
    >> Doxygen seems to be for OO programming, not really for pure C style
    >> programming. Unfortunately I do not know another documentation system
    >> really designed for C language. I anyone does...

    > It does have an "optimise for C" setting, though I agree it is a bit
    > strange that doxygen persists in calling my structs "classes" even when
    > this is set.
    >
    > Stig

    If it does not exist why don't code it ?

    A doc system oriented to pure C (i think it would be a really good idea)

    Greetings
    --
    El verdadero sentido de la vida:

    "Cuñaaaaaaaoooooo!!!!
    Juan Joya "El Risitas"

    David =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Garc=EDa?=, Feb 9, 2004
  7. On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, stef wrote:

    > Hi...
    >
    > I would like to use a free tool like javadoc... for pure C of course :)
    > but even on google the choice isn't terrible ?
    >
    > what kind of tools do you use ?

    I was going to suggest BumbleBee but when I checked the URL it is gone and
    someone is trying to sell the address.

    Someone has suggested Doxygen (that would have been my second choice since
    as noted it is more C/C++ then pure C).

    A quick search produced DocJet and NDoc as well. Check out
    http://www.tall-tree.com/home.php4. This is the site for DocJet. It has a
    comparison of DocJet, Doxygen, JavaDoc and NDoc.

    I have also heard of CWeb. There are newsgroups dedicated to it. It is
    sort of like TeX for C programming. This might be overkill for what
    you are looking for. TeX is a typesetting language. Check out
    http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/cweb.html for more information.

    Don't send e-mail to

    Darrell Grainger, Feb 10, 2004