javadoc -linkoffline help

KC Wong

I am trying to issue a javadoc command with the following linkoffline
option:
-linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api
C:/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/docs/api

Both the file path and the url are valid, but I find the generated
links are of the form:
file:///E:/phd/semiInterface/doc/http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/jav
a/lang/reflect/Method.html

Wierd... I looked at the JavaDoc documentation and tried it myself, and
your -linkoffline switch is correct... can you post the complete commandline
you used?

KC

Harri Tuuloskoski

Howdy All!

I am trying to issue a javadoc command with the following linkoffline
option:
-linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api
C:/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/docs/api

Both the file path and the url are valid, but I find the generated
links are of the form:

file:///E:/phd/semiInterface/doc/http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html

Can anyone advise how I can make this work?

I'm afraid you can't. Well, not without upgrading your Java version anyway.
1.4.1 Javadoc has a bug relating to -linkoffline, which produces just the
outcome you described. It has been fixed in Java 1.4.2 (I'm not sure about
latest release of 1.4.1, you have to check that out).