    Rob
    :)
    , Sep 30, 2003

  2. KC Wong Guest

    > I am trying to issue a javadoc command with the following linkoffline
    > option:
    > -linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api
    > C:/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/docs/api
    >
    > Both the file path and the url are valid, but I find the generated
    > links are of the form:

    file:///E:/phd/semiInterface/doc/http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/jav
    a/lang/reflect/Method.html

    Wierd... I looked at the JavaDoc documentation and tried it myself, and
    your -linkoffline switch is correct... can you post the complete commandline
    you used?

    KC
    KC Wong, Sep 30, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Howdy All!
    >
    > I am trying to issue a javadoc command with the following linkoffline
    > option:
    > -linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api
    > C:/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/docs/api
    >
    > Both the file path and the url are valid, but I find the generated
    > links are of the form:
    >
    > file:///E:/phd/semiInterface/doc/http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    >
    > Can anyone advise how I can make this work?

    I'm afraid you can't. Well, not without upgrading your Java version anyway.
    1.4.1 Javadoc has a bug relating to -linkoffline, which produces just the
    outcome you described. It has been fixed in Java 1.4.2 (I'm not sure about
    latest release of 1.4.1, you have to check that out).

    --
    Harri
    Harri Tuuloskoski, Sep 30, 2003