JavaDocs for JMF?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Where are the JavaDocs for the Java Media Framework? [1]
    <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/>

    ( Preferably for on-line browsing, but as part of a download
    bundle would be sufficient )

    Notes:
    1) Searched for (javax.media.format.)VideoFormat using Sun's search
    (9 hits - none the JDocs) and Google (pointing at Sun) (631 hits -
    first page or so seemed not relevant) and added 'javadoc' to the
    Google searh to narrow it to 14 hits - mostly forum messages.

    2) I can see no SDK for the JMF, but everything JMF here compiles
    just fine since I ran the 'JMF installation' package, which I
    think aims to copy the JMF jars to every (damn) location it
    can find a JRE/JDK bin. (..and yes, just uninstalled it to
    check that the JpegImagesToMovie source I'm testing with suddenly
    does not compile.)

    3) The VideoFormat class is not listed in the core 1.5 SDK JavaDocs.

    4) The most likely download bundle to include the JMF JavaDocs might
    be a JMF SDK (which I cannot find) or the x-plat user version that
    comes in a Zip file - it has a 'doc' directory but that only includes
    attributions/formats/readme.html

    5) This page does not contain the string 'javadoc'
    <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/reference/docs/index.html>

    [1] ..are they a secret?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    physci, javasaver, 1point1c, lensescapes - athompson.info/andrew

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Andrew Thompson

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:

    > Where are the JavaDocs for the Java Media Framework? [1]
    > <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/>

    Try the "API Specifications" link on that page.

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Chris Uppal wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >
    >>Where are the JavaDocs for the Java Media Framework? [1]
    >><http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/>

    > Try the "API Specifications" link on that page.

    I did, it leads here.
    <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/reference/api/index.html>
    Not a single link from there to the JMF JDocs,

    ...Which are.. Aha! Here..
    <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/apidocs/>

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 17, 2005
  4. Andrew Thompson

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:40:36 GMT, Andrew Thompson

    no . see links at bottom of page http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 17, 2005
  5. Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:40:36 GMT, Andrew Thompson
    > who said :
    >
    >>[1] ..are they a secret?

    > no . see links at bottom of page http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html

    D'Oh! I should have thought to check your site early on,
    might have saved me some time.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 17, 2005