    , iam really confused , what Sun want from this technology ?

    even if its focus in Mobile trend , its too late , also for RIA its
    too late after GWT & YUI

    Eisa Ayed, May 10, 2007

  2. Eisa Ayed wrote:
    >JavaFX ..

    Huh?

    >..what its really mean ??

    I'd never heard of it till just now.
    (Note also that one question mark is enough.)

    >.., sun announce it at JavaOne ,

    Google leads me here,..
    <http://www.sun.com/software/javafx/index.jsp>
    ..which is not very clear to me, but suggests a
    replacement for JMF - for handling audio and
    video content? However that page also links to..

    >its scripting language , what Sun want to say , go out for AJAX or
    >replace our old Applets with fantastic Script language, or replace
    >Micromedia Flash ?

    ..here.
    <http://www.sun.com/software/javafx/script/index.jsp>

    Which suggests it is a quicker way to write Swing
    GUI's and doing data binding (something sorely
    lacking in the J2SE).

    Typical of Sun to spout such drivel on the first page I
    found, that their new GUI scripting library could be
    mistaken for a media presentation plug-in.

    >..even if its focus in Mobile trend , ..

    Rich client (Swing and similar) GUI's transportable
    between phones, and other devices, up to desktop
    clients.

    >..its too late ,

    I'd have to agree.

    Given 90%+ of Java development is server side, with
    either thin client (Servlet/JSP/HTML) GUI's or the same,
    jazzed up with the RIA mentioned below - AJAX and such,
    I would say that *nothing* Sun does in rich client API's will
    raise a lot of interest in the developer community - even if
    it gives all it promises (and I am still not sure what that is -
    the proof would be in the use).

    >..also for RIA ...

    Huhh? Oh..
    "Rich Internet applications (RIA) are Web applications
    that have the features and functionality of traditional
    desktop applications. RIAs .." (Wikipedia)

    No, I dont think it is aimed at the HTML bound
    interface, even those improved with AJAX, but
    could be used in an applet (with rich client -
    Swing GUI).

    >...its too late after GWT & YUI ..

    Same there - both JS/HTML based (& the second
    of which I had to look up as 'Yahoo! UI Library (YUI)').

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, May 10, 2007

  3. Eisa Ayed

    Eisa Ayed Guest

    Thanks thompson for your opinion ,

    Eisa Ayed, May 10, 2007
  4. Eisa Ayed

    tahir akhtar Guest

    On May 10, 11:44 pm, Eisa Ayed <> wrote:
    > Thanks thompson for your opinion ,

    I think the hype surround the JavaFX is misdirected. It is indeed a
    promising technology but not the way some people think. One thing is
    for sure that it is not going to be a wholesale replacement of AJAX.

    I have written a blog entry in reply to the suggestion that JavaFX
    means AJAX is dead

    http://tahirakhtar.name/index.php/2007/05/09/javafx-vs-ajax/

    tahir akhtar, May 10, 2007