    there something to be set true????

    Please help!!!

    , Mar 13, 2008

  2. On Mar 13, 10:57 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Why is that any ..

    ..random lunatic is allowed to post to usenet?

    > Please help!!!

    Please refrain from multi-posting.

    (X-post to c.l.j.p./g., w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

    --
    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 13, 2008

    excuse me?? u know the solution?
    If u not understanding it nor knowing the answer u need not have
    replied...
    I mean..wasted ur time either...

    , Mar 13, 2008
  4. On Mar 14, 12:46 am, wrote:
    > excuse me??

    Why should I?

    >..u know the solution?

    What's the question? I did not bother
    wasting my time on such a self possessed
    time thief as yourself, once I realised
    you were a multi-poster.

    My challenge was your opportunity to make
    amends, and thereby get your (sorry little)
    thread back on track.

    Now we know you're an *unapologetic*
    multi-poster, rather than simply a person
    who did not know better, but was willing
    to learn.

    > If u not understanding it nor knowing the answer u need not have
    > replied...

    There there.

    > I mean..wasted ur time either...

    Don't waste your keyboard on fully typing
    out words such as 'your' or 'you'. If you
    do that, you might fool people into thinking
    you are worth spending time or effort in
    helping.

    --
    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 13, 2008

    Fine.Thanks for your comments. I would really appreciate any useful
    solution for my question.
    Also I am sorry i dint know that multi posting is a BIG crime.
    Anyways, my question is like this,

    I am working with Eclipse 3.2 IDE with SWT plugin/Designer to create a
    UserInterface.
    To create a network diagram am using JavaFX tool. I also have
    (tutorial.jnlp)Javafx editor tool, where I can see the output as I
    code.
    I have created a Frame, a Canvas, and set of PopupMenus. And
    PopupMenus dropping down whenever I click on canvas.
    Like,
    canvas.onMouseClick = operation(e:MouseEvent)
    {
    popupmenu.visible = true;
    };
    I have added actions for each menuitem in the Popupmenu.
    When I click on one menuitem, the action performs, but after that the
    popupmenu does not open or drop down again until we refresh the whole
    thing.

    The mouse events are proper in JavaFX Pad(editor) but the same code
    not working properly in eclipse.
    Now, Can anyone please suggest me what to do??
    Thank you in advance.

    , Mar 13, 2008
  6. On Mar 14, 2:38 am, wrote:
    > Fine.Thanks for your comments. I would really appreciate any useful
    > solution for my question.
    > Also I am sorry i dint know that multi posting is a BIG crime.

    It is not a 'big crime' but just extremely irritating.
    As you have probably guessed by now, it is not a good
    strategy to make the people you are asking for help
    'extremely irritated'.

    > Anyways, my question is like this,
    >
    > I am working with Eclipse 3.2 IDE with SWT ...

    I have never dealt with SWT personally, the one
    piece of advice I might give you is that..

    > Now, Can anyone please suggest me what to do??

    ..People experienced in use of SWT seem very rare on
    the wider *usenet* *newsgroups* (which is the place
    where our conversations have been happening), but
    Eclipse also has its own forums for discussing things
    more specifc to Eclipse.

    If you visit <http://www.eclipse.org/swt/>
    and scroll down to 'Contact Us' there are a
    number of links to subscribe, view the archive,
    or search the archive.

    To subscribe, it looks like you need a mail client
    (such as Thunderbird or Outlook Express) - I am not
    sure if it is possible to make posts from just a
    browser.

    Hope you get a solution. If that happens, it
    would be considered polite to put the answer
    on each of the threads - so people searching
    later can benefit.

    --
    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 13, 2008
  7. Lew Guest

    Re: is multi-posting a BIG crime? (was: javafx with eclipse(SWT)!!)

    wrote:
    >> Also I am sorry i dint know that multi posting is a BIG crime.

    You would have known if you had taken the time to read the FAQ post from David
    Alex Lamb that's posted every four days, and the links to which it points.

    Generally speaking, a professional approach will result in a professional
    response. Intentionally misspelling words like "ur"
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur>
    is probably not the best way to put your best foot forward.

    And don't get too worried when you get harsh replies on Usenet. I'm not
    saying it's justifiable, but it's common. Your best strategy is among:

    - thank the sarcastic bastard for his advice;
    - say something cute and sarcastic, but friendly, back; or
    - ignore the harshness altogether (Zen-master recommended).

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Mar 14, 2008