JavaHelp annoyance

Chris

Hi all,

I've been asked by a colleague to try and integrate her JavaHelp files
into a program we are developing because she is having problems. I've
downloaded jh2.0 and I've gone to Control Panel-->System-->Environment
Variables and set Path with C:program
Files\Java\jh2.0\javahelp\lib\jh.jar and as previous but
jh2.0\javahelp\bin.

I've even created a new System Variable called JAVEHELP_HOME which
points to jh.jar

However when I try to compile the program in JCreator I get package
javax.help doesn't exist and I'm using import javax.help.*;

Are there any pointers that I can follow?

Regards,

Chris

Bjorn Abelli

Chris said:
I've been asked by a colleague to try and integrate her JavaHelp files
into a program we are developing because she is having problems. I've
downloaded jh2.0 and I've gone to Control Panel-->System-->Environment
Variables and set Path with C:program
Files\Java\jh2.0\javahelp\lib\jh.jar and as previous but
jh2.0\javahelp\bin.

I've even created a new System Variable called JAVEHELP_HOME which
points to jh.jar

However when I try to compile the program in JCreator I get package
javax.help doesn't exist and I'm using import javax.help.*;

Are there any pointers that I can follow?

Yes, don't confuse "path" with "classpath".

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html

In JCreator, you can add the jar-file to the settings, e.g. under

Configure->Options->JDK Profiles->
(select one)->
Edit->Classes->Add->Add Archive

// Bjorn A