[JavaIDL] Selecting a specific network interface for the ORB

Jesse

Hi all,

I am using SUN's CORBA implementation (JavaIDL):
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

This question concerns the 'args' arguments to
org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(String[] args, Properties props)

Is there some support for specifying the endpoint on which the ORB should
listen ?
Something like '-ORBEndpoints ..." or "-ORBListenEndpoints ..." ?

I am OK with proprietary solutions, if the standard is not followed.

The context is a multi-homed host, and I want to specify (using a specific
hostname/FQDN or IP address) on which interface the ORB will listen.

Thanks,

JC.

PS: I have used the solution proposed at
http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forum.asp...h-a-forced-ip-address-in-a-multi-homed-server
(-ORBInitialHost) but it does not seem to be working, and does not seem to
comply with the documentation either.