[JavaIDL] Selecting a specific network interface for the ORB

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jesse, Nov 12, 2008.

  1. Jesse

    Jesse Guest

    Hi all,

    I am using SUN's CORBA implementation (JavaIDL):
    java version "1.6.0_07"
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

    This question concerns the 'args' arguments to
    org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(String[] args, Properties props)

    Is there some support for specifying the endpoint on which the ORB should
    listen ?
    Something like '-ORBEndpoints ..." or "-ORBListenEndpoints ..." ?

    I am OK with proprietary solutions, if the standard is not followed.

    The context is a multi-homed host, and I want to specify (using a specific
    hostname/FQDN or IP address) on which interface the ORB will listen.

    Thanks,

    JC.

    PS: I have used the solution proposed at
    http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forum.asp...h-a-forced-ip-address-in-a-multi-homed-server
    (-ORBInitialHost) but it does not seem to be working, and does not seem to
    comply with the documentation either.

    Jesse, Nov 12, 2008