javakey

nialltimpson

Hey Im in a spot of bother I have set the path in my windows xp to point to
java bin dir. and can run javac, but when ever I go to run javakey i gives
me "javakey" is not recognised as an internal or external command....

Im trying to sign some applets so they can open a network connection to
another computer. Im not 100% sure on how to do this or how difficult it
is, so any help would really be greatfully recieved.

Thanking you
niall

Steve W. Jackson

nialltimpson said:
Hey Im in a spot of bother I have set the path in my windows xp to point to
java bin dir. and can run javac, but when ever I go to run javakey i gives
me "javakey" is not recognised as an internal or external command....

Im trying to sign some applets so they can open a network connection to
another computer. Im not 100% sure on how to do this or how difficult it
is, so any help would really be greatfully recieved.

Thanking you
niall

In my 1.4 JDK installation, there's no "javakey" to be found. I don't
have 1.5, but I suspect it's not there either. Are you certain you're
not really looking for things like keytool and/or jarsigner?

= Steve =

nialltimpson

well to be hosest im not one hundred percent sure, I just have a old java
book and there's is a section on signing applets, inwhich they use
javakey. but I have never done it before and am open to ideas on how to go
about it.

Oscar kind

nialltimpson said:
well to be hosest im not one hundred percent sure, I just have a old java
book and there's is a section on signing applets, inwhich they use
javakey. but I have never done it before and am open to ideas on how to go
about it.

IIRC, javakey is from version 1.1 and has been replaced. The principle is
still the same, but the rest is different enough that you want to find a
newer tutorial/example.