    is, so any help would really be greatfully recieved.

    Thanking you
    niall
    nialltimpson, Mar 22, 2005

  2. In article
    <>,
    "nialltimpson" <> wrote:

    > Hey Im in a spot of bother I have set the path in my windows xp to point to
    > java bin dir. and can run javac, but when ever I go to run javakey i gives
    > me "javakey" is not recognised as an internal or external command....
    >
    > Im trying to sign some applets so they can open a network connection to
    > another computer. Im not 100% sure on how to do this or how difficult it
    > is, so any help would really be greatfully recieved.
    >
    > Thanking you
    > niall

    In my 1.4 JDK installation, there's no "javakey" to be found. I don't
    have 1.5, but I suspect it's not there either. Are you certain you're
    not really looking for things like keytool and/or jarsigner?

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Steve W. Jackson, Mar 22, 2005

  3. nialltimpson

    nialltimpson Guest

    well to be hosest im not one hundred percent sure, I just have a old java
    book and there's is a section on signing applets, inwhich they use
    javakey. but I have never done it before and am open to ideas on how to go
    about it.
    nialltimpson, Mar 22, 2005
  4. nialltimpson

    Oscar kind Guest

    nialltimpson <> wrote:
    > well to be hosest im not one hundred percent sure, I just have a old java
    > book and there's is a section on signing applets, inwhich they use
    > javakey. but I have never done it before and am open to ideas on how to go
    > about it.

    IIRC, javakey is from version 1.1 and has been replaced. The principle is
    still the same, but the rest is different enough that you want to find a
    newer tutorial/example.

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Mar 22, 2005