JavaMail - Eclipse - whatever! [allow me to vent up]

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rico, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Rico

    Rico Guest

    I am pretty damn freaking pissed right now. This shit has worked all along
    and I am sure it's some stupidity that's right in my face but it's
    freaking 3AM and this stuck-up piece of junk is thumbing its nose at me!

    DEBUG: !anyLoaded
    DEBUG: not loading resource: /META-INF/javamail.providers
    DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.providers
    DEBUG: Tables of loaded providers
    DEBUG: Providers Listed By Class Name: {com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun Microsystems, Inc]}
    DEBUG: Providers Listed By Protocol: {imaps=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], imap=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], smtps=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc], pop3=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun Microsystems, Inc], pop3s=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], smtp=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc]}
    DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.address.map
    DEBUG: !anyLoaded
    DEBUG: not loading resource: /META-INF/javamail.address.map
    DEBUG: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
    C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\jre\lib\javamail.address.map (The system cannot find the
    file specified)

    WTF! The docs say this sucker is supposed to look in META-INF 2nd after
    jre\lib so why the **** is the goddamn piece of crap wasting time fucking
    looking up the jre lib when it's already fucking not loaded the goddamn
    one it found in META-INF. Bloody Hell ! This sucks Man!
    **** that shit! When it'snot some goddamn static String whose phantom
    value remains in some arcane part of the goddamn machine that I fucking
    rebooted and unplugged, it's this shit! What the fucking **** Man!!

    Rico.

    Rico, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Rico

    Rico Guest

    Geeze! Looks like that wasn't the problem at all. The exception is about
    some other shit. What kind of path is this supposed to be:

    path= "C:\\j2sdk1.4.2_07\\jre\\lib\\zi\\GMT+08:00" ?

    I got it before. I can't remember how I made it go away. Great.

    Rico.

    Rico, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Rico

    Rico Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:12:59 +0800, Rico wrote:

    > Geeze! Looks like that wasn't the problem at all. The exception is about
    > some other shit. What kind of path is this supposed to be:
    >
    > path= "C:\\j2sdk1.4.2_07\\jre\\lib\\zi\\GMT+08:00" ?
    >
    > I got it before. I can't remember how I made it go away. Great.
    >
    > Rico.

    Goddamn it!
    TimeZone.setDefault(TimeZone.getTimeZone("Asia/Singapore"));

    I added that line to get it to work. I'm pretty sure it worked before
    without that. The JVM should be able to use the Windows TimeZone setting,
    shouldn't it?

    and no! I am _NOT_ just too happy that it works: I'm still pissed.

    What kind of filename is supposed to contain colon on Windows?!!
    I want my goddamn time back!

    Rico.

    Rico, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Rico

    Chris Smith Guest

    I suggest that you go take a walk, get some perspective on the world,
    and then come back and try to solve your problem. It's incredibly rude
    and inconsiderate to spout profanity in a public forum over a problem
    with Java code, regardless of the situation. Doing so indicates you
    desperately need a break.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation