JAVAMAIL POP3 - Secure Password Authentication

cipher

This is regarding my old posting accesing mailbox using JavaMail API.
When I configured for the same ID in outlook I enabled an option
"Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".

Now i need to enable this while accessing through the JavaMail code
too.
If you know, can you please let me know as how this can be done?

cipher

When I try to access it , Iam getting the following error:
S: -ERR A required privilege is not held by the client.
C: QUIT
S: +OK Microsoft Exchange POP3 server version 5.5.2653.23 signing off
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: A required privilege is not
held by the client.
at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:128)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:236)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:137)
at POP3MimeTest.main(POP3MimeTest.java:16)
Exception in thread "main"

Nigel Wade

cipher said:
This is regarding my old posting accesing mailbox using JavaMail API.
When I configured for the same ID in outlook I enabled an option
"Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".

Now i need to enable this while accessing through the JavaMail code
too.
If you know, can you please let me know as how this can be done?

I'm not sure it can be done. I have a recollection that Outlook/Exchange SPA is
a Microsoft proprietary protocol, based on NTLM. I don't know if Exchange
offers any other form of secure channel.