    Now i need to enable this while accessing through the JavaMail code
    too.
    If you know, can you please let me know as how this can be done?

    cipher, Feb 14, 2006

  2. cipher

    cipher Guest

    When I try to access it , Iam getting the following error:
    S: -ERR A required privilege is not held by the client.
    C: QUIT
    S: +OK Microsoft Exchange POP3 server version 5.5.2653.23 signing off
    javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: A required privilege is not
    held by the client.
    at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:128)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:236)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:137)
    at POP3MimeTest.main(POP3MimeTest.java:16)
    Exception in thread "main"

    cipher, Feb 14, 2006

  3. cipher

    Nigel Wade Guest

    cipher wrote:

    > This is regarding my old posting accesing mailbox using JavaMail API.
    > When I configured for the same ID in outlook I enabled an option
    > "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".
    >
    > Now i need to enable this while accessing through the JavaMail code
    > too.
    > If you know, can you please let me know as how this can be done?

    I'm not sure it can be done. I have a recollection that Outlook/Exchange SPA is
    a Microsoft proprietary protocol, based on NTLM. I don't know if Exchange
    offers any other form of secure channel.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    Nigel Wade, Feb 14, 2006