    any assistance on this.

    Thanks in advance,
    Sheila.

    Sheila Dunphy, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Sheila Dunphy

    Bryce Guest

    On 18 Oct 2004 11:28:00 -0700, (Sheila Dunphy) wrote:

    >My local smtp server is configured to reject invalid internal
    >addresses and does not send bounced messages. I have been told that
    >the local mail application has to generate the bounce. I have an
    >Oracle Report distributed using Javamail. The problem is that when I
    >send to an invalid address I receive a message that there are invalid
    >addresses but the email does not bounce to the senders address. This
    >is not what I want because I need to print off and send hardcopy any
    >messages that haven't been received.
    >I think this is a javamail configuration issue. Would be grateful for
    >any assistance on this.

    Can we see your code? Did you set the Reply To header? From?

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Bryce <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 18 Oct 2004 11:28:00 -0700, (Sheila Dunphy) wrote:
    >
    > >My local smtp server is configured to reject invalid internal
    > >addresses and does not send bounced messages. I have been told that
    > >the local mail application has to generate the bounce. I have an
    > >Oracle Report distributed using Javamail. The problem is that when I
    > >send to an invalid address I receive a message that there are invalid
    > >addresses but the email does not bounce to the senders address. This
    > >is not what I want because I need to print off and send hardcopy any
    > >messages that haven't been received.
    > >I think this is a javamail configuration issue. Would be grateful for
    > >any assistance on this.

    > Can we see your code? Did you set the Reply To header? From?

    Javamail is tied in with Oracle 9iDS suite of software I have not
    done any coding for Javamail. The report I run uses an xml
    distribution file. This contains the mail commands SEND: TO: etc. I
    have no REPLY TO: set in the xml file. All works well with valid email
    addresses and if the email is not a local addresses the system
    receives bounced messages for those invalid addresses. The problem is
    only with local invalid email addresses because our local smtp server
    reject them.

    Sheila Dunphy, Oct 19, 2004