    --

    Knute Johnson
    s/nospam/knute2011/
    Knute Johnson, Sep 6, 2011

  2. On 9/6/2011 4:54 PM, Knute Johnson wrote:
    > Anybody using Java 7 and STARTTLS with JavaMail? I am getting an error
    > that says it can't start the TLS because of a Diffie-Hellman problem.
    > There is an old bug about DH and I don't know if this is related. This
    > program ran fine in Java 6 but won't work now in 7.
    >
    > I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
    > searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

    Out of curiosity, I happened to be wondering at the state of OpenJDK 7
    in Debian's packages, and there is a bug mentioned there about SSL not
    working: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638008>. I
    don't know if it's the same problem, though.

    tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth
    Joshua Cranmer, Sep 7, 2011

  3. On 9/6/2011 5:28 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
    > On 9/6/2011 4:54 PM, Knute Johnson wrote:
    >> Anybody using Java 7 and STARTTLS with JavaMail? I am getting an error
    >> that says it can't start the TLS because of a Diffie-Hellman problem.
    >> There is an old bug about DH and I don't know if this is related. This
    >> program ran fine in Java 6 but won't work now in 7.
    >>
    >> I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
    >> searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

    > Out of curiosity, I happened to be wondering at the state of OpenJDK 7
    > in Debian's packages, and there is a bug mentioned there about SSL not
    > working: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638008>. I
    > don't know if it's the same problem, though.

    I think it is a different problem but maybe a symptom of the same disease.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    Knute Johnson, Sep 7, 2011
  4. Knute Johnson

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:54:12 -0700, Knute Johnson
    who said :

    >I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
    >searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

    The main thing I have discovered about Java 7 is it gets the country
    local wrong on Windows. I doubt though that would explain your
    problem.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com