    If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    novice programmer.
    plz i need the immediate assistence
    focode, Apr 6, 2007

  2. focode wrote:

    > If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    > novice programmer.
    > plz i need the immediate assistence

    Try the JavaMail-tutorial from SUN directly. This can be found
    at java.sun.com

    Regards, Lothar
    --
    Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail:

    questions!
    Lothar Kimmeringer, Apr 6, 2007

  3. focode

    Guest

    On Apr 6, 12:35 am, "focode" <> wrote:
    > If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    > novice programmer.
    > plz i need the immediate assistence

    Are you simply needing an SMTP e-mail client with MIME-attachment
    capabilities, that's written in java?

    All the best,
    Lawrence Bishop
    , Apr 6, 2007
  4. "focode" <> wrote in news:1175837738.650581.162170
    @p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    > novice programmer.
    > plz i need the immediate assistence

    First, you need to read and understand the relevant RFCs governing Internet
    email, if you don't already understand this. I'd recommend starting with:

    RFC 2821 - Simple Mail Transfer (SMTP)
    RFC 2822 - Format of Internet Messages
    RFC 1939 - Post Office Protocol (POP3)
    RFC 2060 - Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP)

    then moving on to MIME:

    RFCs 2045 - 2049 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)

    Once you understand this, you should be able to figure out JavaMail using
    the tutorial at
    <http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JavaMail/contents.html>,
    (which is, incidentally, the first hit returned from a Google search on the
    term "javamail tutorial"), along with the JavaDoc that is shipped along
    with the JavaMail libraries. If you have any specific questions about how
    JavaMail is to be used, please post them to the news group and you'll be
    pretty sure to get an answer.

    Cheers!

    Greg R. Broderick

    A. Top posters.
    Greg R. Broderick, Apr 6, 2007
  5. focode

    David Segall Guest

    "focode" <> wrote:

    >If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    >novice programmer.
    >plz i need the immediate assistence

    If you download JavaMail from
    <http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/downloads> and unzip it you
    will find a good tutorial in javamail-1.4\docs\JavaMail-1.4.pdf.
    David Segall, Apr 6, 2007
  6. focode

    focode Guest

    On Apr 6, 7:38 am, wrote:
    > On Apr 6, 12:35 am, "focode" <> wrote:
    >
    > > If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    > > novice programmer.
    > > plz i need the immediate assistence

    > Are you simply needing an SMTP e-mail client with MIME-attachment
    > capabilities, that's written in java?
    >
    > All the best,
    > Lawrence Bishop

    yes sir
    focode, Apr 21, 2007
  7. focode

    focode Guest

    On Apr 6, 8:22 am, "Greg R. Broderick" <gregb
    > wrote:
    > "focode" <> wrote in news:1175837738.650581.162170
    > @p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    > > novice programmer.
    > > plz i need the immediate assistence

    > First, you need to read and understand the relevant RFCs governing Internet
    > email, if you don't already understand this. I'd recommend starting with:
    >
    > RFC 2821 - Simple Mail Transfer (SMTP)
    > RFC 2822 - Format of Internet Messages
    > RFC 1939 - Post Office Protocol (POP3)
    > RFC 2060 - Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP)
    >
    > then moving on to MIME:
    >
    > RFCs 2045 - 2049 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
    >
    > Once you understand this, you should be able to figure out JavaMail using
    > the tutorial at
    > <http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JavaMail/contents.html>,
    > (which is, incidentally, the first hit returned from a Google search on the
    > term "javamail tutorial"), along with the JavaDoc that is shipped along
    > with the JavaMail libraries. If you have any specific questions about how
    > JavaMail is to be used, please post them to the news group and you'll be
    > pretty sure to get an answer.
    >
    > Cheers!

    > Greg R. Broderick
    >
    > A. Top posters.
    > Q. What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

    thanks for such answer
    focode, Apr 21, 2007
  8. focode wrote:
    > On Apr 6, 7:38 am, wrote:
    >> On Apr 6, 12:35 am, "focode" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
    >>> novice programmer.
    >>> plz i need the immediate assistence

    >> Are you simply needing an SMTP e-mail client with MIME-attachment
    >> capabilities, that's written in java?
    >>
    >> All the best,
    >> Lawrence Bishop

    > yes sir

    In that case, visit the JavaMail page in the Sun site:

    http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/index.jsp

    and look at the Third Party downloads. There are several Java mail
    clients in the list.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK
    Martin Gregorie, Apr 21, 2007
  9. focode

    Benny

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    JavaMail smtp client wrapper

    I know this thread's a bit old, but it is still popping up at Google when people actively search with this question.

    Anyway, recently Vesijama has been released to the open source community, which is exactly what you were looking for: a JavaMail smtp client wrapper library that greatly simplifies the process of sending emails. It's lightweight, easy to use, and is designed to not bother you with RFC's.

    code.google.com/p/vesijama/
    Benny, May 1, 2009