Javamail

focode

If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
novice programmer.
plz i need the immediate assistence

Lothar Kimmeringer

focode said:
If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
novice programmer.
plz i need the immediate assistence

Try the JavaMail-tutorial from SUN directly. This can be found
at java.sun.com

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!

thelawrencebishop

If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
novice programmer.
plz i need the immediate assistence

Are you simply needing an SMTP e-mail client with MIME-attachment
capabilities, that's written in java?

All the best,
Lawrence Bishop

Greg R. Broderick

If anyone can tell me which is the most suitable JavaMail tutorial for
novice programmer.
plz i need the immediate assistence

First, you need to read and understand the relevant RFCs governing Internet
email, if you don't already understand this. I'd recommend starting with:

RFC 2821 - Simple Mail Transfer (SMTP)
RFC 2822 - Format of Internet Messages
RFC 1939 - Post Office Protocol (POP3)
RFC 2060 - Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP)

then moving on to MIME:

RFCs 2045 - 2049 - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)

Once you understand this, you should be able to figure out JavaMail using
the tutorial at
<http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JavaMail/contents.html>,
(which is, incidentally, the first hit returned from a Google search on the
term "javamail tutorial"), along with the JavaDoc that is shipped along
with the JavaMail libraries. If you have any specific questions about how
JavaMail is to be used, please post them to the news group and you'll be
pretty sure to get an answer.

Cheers!

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.

focode

[...]

thanks for such answer

Joined
May 1, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
JavaMail smtp client wrapper

I know this thread's a bit old, but it is still popping up at Google when people actively search with this question.

Anyway, recently Vesijama has been released to the open source community, which is exactly what you were looking for: a JavaMail smtp client wrapper library that greatly simplifies the process of sending emails. It's lightweight, easy to use, and is designed to not bother you with RFC's.

code.google.com/p/vesijama/