Java's DOMParser and .NET's XMLDocument

Guest

Hi there,

I'm a beginner on XML. At this moment I am working on a conversion to C# of
a (pretty large) program originally coded in Java. It's not much what the
JLCA does when converting XML classes from Java to C# for several reasons,
and basically leaves the programmer with the decision on how they will be
converted (Reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/using/migrating/jspmig/phase1/xml/)

At this point I am about to convert manually a class that uses DOMParser.
As per the article referenced above: "translating your Java XML applications
into .NET will be fairly straightforward". However, I find it difficult
(more than somewhat) to convert these lines, as there are methods (which the
article says many of them are properties in .NET) that even don't exist in
..NET. Or at least I can't find them, or their counterparts in .NET. Methods
in Java's DOMParser class, such as setFeature() and getFeature(), and many
others.

My question is if anyone know which is the counterpart of Java's DOMParser
class in .NET?

I don't pretend that anyone would convert my program, but if it is helpful
for anyone to see the code for analizying and provide me with helpful hints,
I'll be happy to post it here.

Many thanks in advance.

Joerg Jooss

Carlitos said:
[...]

It's completely hidden by (or integrated with) XmlDocument. Also note
that DOMParser is *not* a standard Java API (i.e. not part of JAXP). I
guess many features which this parser implements can be used by setting
XmlDocument properties or by uisng other classes such as
XmlValidatingReader.

Cheers,