javascript:__doPostBack('linkButtonTest', '')

Xarky

Hi,
I have a form, and on it I placed a linkButton. Now it has also
specifed also an onmouseover and an onmouseout events.

Also in the aspx.cs file I handled the click event.

onmouseout="collapse(this);" width="20%">
<asp:LinkButton id="linkButtonTest" runat="server" Height="24px"
Width="128px">Go</asp:LinkButton></p>

Now when I go on this button, the error given in the subject is
reported in the status bar of the browser. The click event works ok.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks in Advance

Hans Kesting

Xarky said:
Hi,
I have a form, and on it I placed a linkButton. Now it has also
specifed also an onmouseover and an onmouseout events.

Also in the aspx.cs file I handled the click event.

onmouseout="collapse(this);" width="20%">
<asp:LinkButton id="linkButtonTest" runat="server" Height="24px"
Width="128px">Go</asp:LinkButton></p>

Now when I go on this button, the error given in the subject is
reported in the status bar of the browser. The click event works ok.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks in Advance

You mean that you see "__doPostback ..." in the status bar?
That is no error, it's the content (href) of the link that the mouse
is over. It's a standard dotNet provided function to handle
the client-side of the click-events (and other events).

vMike

Xarky said:
Hi,
I have a form, and on it I placed a linkButton. Now it has also
specifed also an onmouseover and an onmouseout events.

Also in the aspx.cs file I handled the click event.

onmouseout="collapse(this);" width="20%">
<asp:LinkButton id="linkButtonTest" runat="server" Height="24px"
Width="128px">Go</asp:LinkButton></p>

Now when I go on this button, the error given in the subject is
reported in the status bar of the browser. The click event works ok.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks in Advance

Try adding ;return true to the onmouse events ie "expand(this);return true"

Xarky

Hi,

I did as follows,

onmouseover="expand(this); return true;" onmouseout="collapse(this);
return true;"

Comment given in subject is still being given, and when I remove
mouse pointer from the linkButton, in the status of the browser an
Error on page appears. This happened both before adding return true;
and after.

Is this a problem or what?

Thanks

vMike

Xarky said:
Hi,

I did as follows,

onmouseover="expand(this); return true;" onmouseout="collapse(this);
return true;"
It must be your expand(this) and/or collapse(this).