Javascript and IIS 6.0

JAC

The code JavaScript is not executed in the pages ASP in a server IIS 6.0 in
Windows 2003 but if makes it in a IIS 5.1 in Windows XP, like I can configure
it so that it is executed.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Server-side jscript? Show code. Give more details. How do you know it's
not executed? What happens with
<%@ Language=JScript %>
<% Response.write("hey"); %>

Do you have ASP enabled in IIS6?

Ray at work

JAC

Not, the code ASP is good, but code JavaScript of client no, example of codes:

<HEAD>
<title>-------</title>
<link href="../css/Styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</HEAD>
<script language=javascript>
function VerificaDatos()
{
if (fIngreso.usuario.value.length == 0)
{
alert("Ingrese su usuario, por favor");
fIngreso.usuario.focus();
fIngreso.usuario.select();
return false;
}
return true;
}
</script>
..
..
<form name=fIngreso method=post action=Ingreso.asp onsubmit='return
VerificaDatos());'>
..
..

In the instant of submit not executes the JavaScript code.

Bob Lehmann

Aaron could you also insert comments explaing which parts of your post are
the body of the message? :>)

I'm confused.

Bob Lehmann

Agoston Bejo

JAC said:
Not, the code ASP is good, but code JavaScript of client no, example of
codes:

Then this question does not belong to an ASP group. See the jscript group I
cross-posted the answer.

Btw, you may get around the problem by (instead of using a regular submit
button) putting a regular button on the form that calls your function
(VerificaDatos()) in its onclick event which in turn issues a
fIngreso.submit();
statement at the end - or it doesn't if the verification failed. (You may
have to set the form's ID property to "fIngreso" as well for the above
statement to take effect because it is referred to directly.)