JavaScript and VBScript

JWM

Hello: Here is what I am trying to do......

The user clicks on the delete icon, and gets a JavaScript client-side popup
to confirm that he wants to delete. I am passing this client-side function
a contactID.
Then, I want to send the result of this confirm (true|false) to a
server-side VBScript function, along with the contactID.
The VBScript function will then perform a delete in the database for the
specified contactID.

I have seen many examples about sending stuff back and forth between
JavaScript and VBScript, between server and client, but all the examples I
see are just popping up generic alerts and such. I need to execute some JS
on the client side, return a value, and send it to a VBScript function on
the server side.

Someone please help me.

Joe
(e-mail address removed)

Randy Webb

JWM said:
Hello: Here is what I am trying to do......

The user clicks on the delete icon, and gets a JavaScript client-side popup
to confirm that he wants to delete. I am passing this client-side function
a contactID.
Then, I want to send the result of this confirm (true|false) to a
server-side VBScript function, along with the contactID.
The VBScript function will then perform a delete in the database for the
specified contactID.

Why do you want to call the server side script if the user doesn't want
to delete? Seems the only time you want to send the data is when they
want to delete.

I have seen many examples about sending stuff back and forth between
JavaScript and VBScript, between server and client, but all the examples I
see are just popping up generic alerts and such. I need to execute some JS
on the client side, return a value, and send it to a VBScript function on
the server side.

Someone please help me.

The solution will depend on the answer to one more question:

What do you want to happen *after* the user says "Yes, I want to
delete". Do you want the page to refresh? I would assume so. <form
onsubnmit="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete that record?"
action="myFile.asp"> And have the button be a submit button, and let it
submit the form. myFile.asp would pick up the form values, and then act
on it.

If you don't want the page to refresh/update, you could simply change
the source of an image and have the myFile.asp called on the server, as
the img src.

Randy Webb

Randy said:
What do you want to happen *after* the user says "Yes, I want to
delete". Do you want the page to refresh? I would assume so. <form
onsubnmit="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete that record?"
action="myFile.asp">

That should be:

onsubmit="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete that record?')"

TedJM

Randy Webb said:
Why do you want to call the server side script if the user doesn't want
to delete? Seems the only time you want to send the data is when they
want to delete.

The solution will depend on the answer to one more question:

What do you want to happen *after* the user says "Yes, I want to
delete". Do you want the page to refresh? I would assume so. <form
onsubnmit="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete that record?"
action="myFile.asp"> And have the button be a submit button, and let it
submit the form. myFile.asp would pick up the form values, and then act
on it.

If you don't want the page to refresh/update, you could simply change
the source of an image and have the myFile.asp called on the server, as
the img src.

what do you know about those two? stop pretending you know something.
useless reply.