Javascript Browser Sniffer

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Richard Cornford

I am looking for a script using javascript to pull browser
information including, browser type and version, OS info,
plugins (flash, acrobat, media player, etc), java version,
etc. that will work on IE/Firefox. I am looking for detalis
similar to what is available at:
http://www.webreference.com/tools/browser/_browserhawk.html

You mean you want inaccurate information based upon false assumptions
and superficial testing? You don't need a script for that, just assume
that all browsers are IE running on Windows and have flash, acrobat and
media player installed and you won't be wrong significantly more often
than you example. ;)

Richard.

Gérard Talbot

I am looking for a script using javascript to pull browser information
including, browser type and version, OS info, plugins (flash, acrobat,
media player, etc), java version, etc. that will work on IE/Firefox. I
am looking for detalis similar to what is available at:
http://www.webreference.com/tools/browser/_browserhawk.html

Thanks!

I'd be very surprised if you would need so many info to begin with. In
99% of the time, a web author with an avg. or even big website only
needs to detect object feature support and/or object capability support
for his scripts. That approach is more reliable, useful and future-proof.