    which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Bye

    pradeep, Jun 7, 2007

  2. pradeep

    Erwin Moller Guest

    pradeep wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
    > which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Bye

    Are you asking for a full list of differences in Javascript behaviour?
    For every browser / JS implementation?

    That is like asking: Pradeep, can you give me a full list of every
    difference between every carmodel that was ever made?
    ;-)

    I think you better show us what function/behaviour is causing you trouble.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller, Jun 7, 2007

  3. On 7 Jun, 11:48, pradeep <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
    > which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Bye

    If you are talking about the native JavaScript features (as defined in
    the ECMA script) then I beleve that all main browsers are now pretty
    close. There may be some subtle differences or bugs, but you will
    rarely encounter them I would guess.

    If you are talking about browser differences in terms of how they
    render HTML and CSS, and the differences in the browser object models
    they provide to JavaScript, then you could start with:-

    http://www.quirksmode.org/

    Julian

    Julian Turner, Jun 7, 2007
  4. In comp.lang.javascript message <
    glegroups.com>, Thu, 7 Jun 2007 03:48:53, pradeep <>
    posted:

    >Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
    >which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?

    As well as asking whether there is a dependence on browser name &
    version, you should IMHO also consider whether there may be a dependence
    on OS location or settings for the same browser version - if only to
    avoid problems that it may cause.

    Number.toFixed() has a browser-dependent bug - see FAQ.
    The methods of Date which give Strings give undefined formats, varying
    with browser and version and I'd not be much surprised by a location
    dependence either (VBScript has dependence on OS settings); the effects
    of input strings might vary.

    Date.getTimezoneOffset() is necessarily dependent on apparent location,
    of course.

    For current dates, Date.getYear() can give at least 2 values, maybe a
    third.

    Date.UTC(Y, M, D) has a bug for D<1 in FireFox.

    See <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-datex.htm>.

    Dr J R Stockton, Jun 7, 2007