Javascript code same but output is different on different browsers

pradeep

Hello,

Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?

Thanks in advance.
Bye

Erwin Moller

pradeep said:
Hello,

Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?

Thanks in advance.
Bye

Are you asking for a full list of differences in Javascript behaviour?
For every browser / JS implementation?

That is like asking: Pradeep, can you give me a full list of every
difference between every carmodel that was ever made?
;-)

I think you better show us what function/behaviour is causing you trouble.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Julian Turner

Hello,

Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?

Thanks in advance.
Bye

If you are talking about the native JavaScript features (as defined in
the ECMA script) then I beleve that all main browsers are now pretty
close. There may be some subtle differences or bugs, but you will
rarely encounter them I would guess.

If you are talking about browser differences in terms of how they
render HTML and CSS, and the differences in the browser object models
they provide to JavaScript, then you could start with:-

http://www.quirksmode.org/

Julian

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]
Can any one tell me different functions or properties of javascript
which are gives different outputs on different browsers ?

As well as asking whether there is a dependence on browser name &
version, you should IMHO also consider whether there may be a dependence
on OS location or settings for the same browser version - if only to
avoid problems that it may cause.

Number.toFixed() has a browser-dependent bug - see FAQ.
The methods of Date which give Strings give undefined formats, varying
with browser and version and I'd not be much surprised by a location
dependence either (VBScript has dependence on OS settings); the effects
of input strings might vary.

Date.getTimezoneOffset() is necessarily dependent on apparent location,
of course.

For current dates, Date.getYear() can give at least 2 values, maybe a
third.

Date.UTC(Y, M, D) has a bug for D<1 in FireFox.

See <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-datex.htm>.