Javascript code working with Firefox but not with IE... please help!

optimistx

JR said:
Unfortunately, to get on with TPE is like 'to carry a heavy burden up
the hill'. The alternative is to killfile him - for those who dislike
his antics.

To defend Thomas 'Pointed Ears' Lahn I must say that he has accurately
respected my request NOT to comment my writings.

When one learns what one can expect from very talented but special
people (e.g. Asperger syndrome patients, idiot savants; probably none
here) one can pick the good parts from their contribution and ignore
the lack of social skills like politeness and friendliness and extreme
desire to follow self made rules and try to force others to follow too.

It is pity that newcomers might get upset at first glance and do not
come back, thinking that c.l.j is some kind of a mental hospital
(with wise doctors, too). It might help if some, e.g. me, pick
the most astonishing examples around the
words RTFM, FOAD, stupid, loser, eat your sallad, to signatures
(or links in them) to tell to newcomers that THEY are normal people
with social skills, probably, and could ignore the verbal abuse if/when
that still happens.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett said:
OK. I'll Think twice about sending mails at night.

Nobody sent an e-mail here, though.
I'll try to refrain from posting things that make me look bad and take
away from all the hard work I put into trying to help someone.

You should add "I'll not reply to the newsgroup when Followup-To: poster was
set" to your list ...

F'up2 poster

PointedEars

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <f6461a36-fc56-4d9b-92b6-6d4d04422c73@e1
8g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, Mon, 5 Oct 2009 20:11:57, GTalbot
"Instruction manual" directives just to post can certainly frustrate
people. The tone with which PointedEars reply can make anyone feel
inferior, especially the way he replies. Over-excessively nitpicking
too. It seems it never occurred to people like PointedEars that he is
obnoxious, authoritative, absolutely abrasive. PointedEars has weak
social skills.

That has been explained to him on numerous occasions by a variety of
people.

He is of course entitled to believe that the tone he adopts is
reasonable. However, he knows that it is widely perceived as offensive.

Since it is clear that he *can* write in a non-offensive and quasi-
normal manner (we've seen that here, once or twice), it is clear that he
is knowingly and therefore intentionally offensive - the option of not
responding is open to him.

But perhaps he is just an inadequately-programmed AI.