Javascript debugging API

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Stephen Kellett, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. Hi Folks,

    With Mozilla there is a well documented Javascript debugging API that
    you can call from C/C++. I've been trying to identify if there is a
    documented API that you can use for the same purpose with Internet
    Explorer.

    There are various COM interfaces but again I haven't been able to
    identify if there is a debugging COM API for Internet Explorer.

    I've tried Google but not found anything. Maybe I've not typed in the
    magic combination of words to get the right results.

    Does anyone know of a C/C++ callable API for debugging Javascript calls
    with Internet Explorer?

    Hoping some of you can shed some light on this.

    Cheers

    Stephen
    --
    Stephen Kellett
    Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/software.html
    Stephen Kellett, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Stephen Kellett wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a C/C++ callable API for debugging Javascript calls
    > with Internet Explorer?

    The JScript engine is just one Active scripting engine which follows the
    design outlined here:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/lrfWindowsScriptInterfaces.asp>
    Internet Explorer then hosts such an engine.
    Debugging is treated here:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/ConActiveScriptDebuggingOverview.asp>
    If you have further questions then I think in the Microsoft scripting
    groups like microsoft.public.scripting.jscript on news.microsoft.com you
    have more chances than here finding anyone being able to help.
    One of engineers behind the JScript engine used to blog about scripting
    stuff, the search engine brings up this article:
    <http://blogs.msdn.com/ericlippert/archive/2004/02/15/73361.aspx>
    Haven't read it but you can check yourself whether it has info you need.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Stephen Kellett wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a C/C++ callable API for debugging Javascript calls
    > with Internet Explorer?

    This article
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/1200/active/toc.asp>
    might also help.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Aug 21, 2005
  4. In message <43089b7e$0$24164$-online.net>,
    Martin Honnen <> writes

    Thank you for the info Martin.

    Stephen
    Stephen Kellett, Aug 22, 2005