    5. Basically I am trying to accomplish a 30 minute task and so far I've
    exceed several hours for this simple task.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Additionally the programs behave very differently(all not at all) when run
    under the debugger. If I build my application fresh and run it normally
    through IE everything works.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=, Mar 28, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=" <> wrote in

    > Additionally the programs behave very differently(all not at all) when
    > run under the debugger. If I build my application fresh and run it
    > normally through IE everything works.

    Could be a threading issue - do you have concurrent threads running?

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Mar 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=" <> wrote in

    > 1. I find that debugging does not work if the JavaScript you wish to
    > debug is included in your program via src="blah". All of my programs
    > use this because I have many common scripts that are used throughout
    > my application. It also gives a very limited amount of security to
    > prying eyes.

    Strange, works for me. My debugger breaks into src files fine.

    > 2. If I extract the portion of the JavaScript I wish to debug and put
    > it locally within the aspx file, the debugging works.
    >
    > 3. If I try to debug both my vb.net code and JavaScript concurrently
    > it doesn't work.

    This works for me - but you'll have to attach 2 debuggers, one for ASP.NET
    and another for IE.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Mar 28, 2005
  5. In reference to the 'Pink Pather' I see you are using the old "it works on my
    computer ploy" ;-)

    Thanks for the suggestion and quick reply. This is a very simple application
    with no threading as least not that I initiate. Oddly enough when I moved the
    suspect code to the aspx file the debugging and code worked. This part is
    fuzzy....I don't how many processes I killed or reboots I performed. After
    that I then place the code back into the src file and it workes like a charm.
    Someone must have been reading my very uncensored rebuffs I added to visual
    studios automated error reporting system text xml file.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=, Mar 29, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=" <> wrote in

    > In reference to the 'Pink Pather' I see you are using the old "it
    > works on my computer ploy" ;-)

    : )

    Did you attach a javascript debugger directly to your instance of Internet
    explorer?

    If you do, there should be a "running documents" window, which you can use
    to select the proper .js file.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Mar 29, 2005