JavaScript Drop Down Menu

DaveO

Hi All

I have no experience in JavaScript ( only html and ASP ).

I would like to add a Menu ( with multi level drop down sub menu's ) to my
web site.

I have tried using a DHTML Menu Creation program, but find that when loaded
onto a test site, the menu runs slowly.

The buttons are all gif images and they appear to "re-load" every time the
focus changes from 1 menu button to another.

Is there any easy way to create a drop down menu ( either in a horizontal or
vertical format ). I do not need boxes / arrows / etc if it will help speed
things up.

Regards
DaveO

Justin Koivisto

DaveO said:
Hi All

I have no experience in JavaScript ( only html and ASP ).

I would like to add a Menu ( with multi level drop down sub menu's ) to my
web site.

I have tried using a DHTML Menu Creation program, but find that when loaded
onto a test site, the menu runs slowly.

The buttons are all gif images and they appear to "re-load" every time the
focus changes from 1 menu button to another.

Is there any easy way to create a drop down menu ( either in a horizontal or
vertical format ). I do not need boxes / arrows / etc if it will help speed
things up.

Have a look at this:
http://koivi.com/css-menus/

It may be all you really need - especially if you're good with CSS.

David Dorward

DaveO said:
I would like to add a Menu ( with multi level drop down sub menu's ) to my
web site.

I've only encountered one that I would even consider using (and it would
take quite a lot to get me to use it): http://www.udm4.com/

Its the only one that I've found that solves most of the usability issues
with such menus. It doesn't solve all of them though (e.g. it still
overloads users of browsers which don't support CSS with every option under
the sun), but its better then most.

DaveO

Hi All

Many thanks to all for their input.