Javascript - Dynamic frames & persistent data

GEvans

Hi,

I have a HTML page consisting of two frames, one visible and one
hidden. The hidden frame contains javascript variables holding session
information. The visible frame contains interactive content.

From the visible frame I open a new window. This new window is created
using javascript. The new window consists of two frames, both visible.
During the creation of the new window a form is generated within one
of the frames and submitted to a custom server during the page onload
method.

The server returns a page to the new window within the specific frame.
The page returned contains a URL and numeric value which I need to
pass back to the hidden frame on the original HTML page. This is where
my problems lie.

Once the dynamic page has been returned from the server into the new
window frame I am unable to access any information within the new
window itself or the original HTML page that opened the new window.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this?

I have access to the original window from the new window, but when a
page is returned from the server into one of the new windows frames I
unable to access any information within it.

I am using IE4 and IE6.

Thanks,

CryingClinton

Firstly I would assume all URL is under same domain, otherwise you need HTA
instead of HTM.

As in the new window, you may run your script via the top window which will
keep the connection with the opener.
(You have 3 files in the new window, 1 is the top frame defination file and
2 are the frame files. Or if you use iframe you need only 2 files. You need
only submit one of the frame or the iframe, not the top one)

Basicly I think, if you access the opener window from the one which remains
(during the submit process), you will not get problems.

Hope this would somehow help.

ccton