Javascript editor

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Renato Cindori, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. What javascript editor is the best for writing javascript???

    Renato Cindori, Dec 27, 2005

  2. Renato Cindori wrote:

    > What javascript editor is the best for writing javascript???

    1. It's _JavaScript_, and that is only one ECMAScript implementation.
    <URL:http://pointedears.de/scripts/js-version-info#ecmascript>
    (Probably I will add KJS later.)

    2. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

    I would like to add that MyEclipse 4.1M2 [1] (which alas is not compatible
    to Eclipse 3.2M4 which introduces linked resources everywhere among other
    nice things[2]; however, it is to 3.2M3 [3]) has its JavaScript editor
    improved and a JavaScript debugger added (where I have not tested the
    latter yet):

    <URL:http://myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-70.html>

    PointedEars

    P.S.: Your keyboard seems to be broken, especially Question Mark key.
    ___________
    [1]
    <URL:http://myeclipseide.com/Downloads%2Bindex-req-viewdownload-cid-4.html>
    [2]
    <URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.2M4-200512151506/>
    [3]
    <URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.2M3-200511021600/>

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 27, 2005

  3. Renato Cindori

    zwetan Guest

    zwetan, Dec 27, 2005
  4. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    > I would like to add that MyEclipse 4.1M2 [1] (which alas is not compatible
    > to Eclipse 3.2M4 which introduces linked resources everywhere among other
    > nice things[2]; however, it is to 3.2M3 [3]) has its JavaScript editor
    > improved and a JavaScript debugger added (where I have not tested the
    > latter yet):
    >
    > <URL:http://myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-70.html>

    I have now, alas it turns out that "The JavaScript debugger cannot be used
    in non-Windows OS in this version of MyEclipse", which is a Big Minus for
    me. One would have thought they would include means to use an external
    debugger of choice. But then again the Code Assist feature specifies DOM
    features like document.getElementById that NN4(!) does not support as "not
    supported by Netscape" and "only supported by IE" ...

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 27, 2005
  5. Thanks

    Renato Cindori, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Renato Cindori

    Guest

    > What javascript editor is the best for writing javascript???

    The Zeus for Windows IDE has support for Java Script:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html
    Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial)

    It does code folding, class browsing and syntax highlighting
    for the Java Script language. You can even write Zeus macros
    using Java Script.

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author: Zeus for Windows

    , Dec 28, 2005
  7. On 27/12/2005 15:07, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    [snip]

    > <URL:http://pointedears.de/scripts/js-version-info#ecmascript>

    There appear to be some inaccuracies and omissions in the Language
    Features table.

    The following features work here in IE 4.01, which would put the JScript
    version at 3.0 (at least).

    - UnicodeEscapeSequence in string and regular expression
    literals.
    - The arguments.callee property.
    - The String.prototype.charCodeAt method.

    The following features work here in NN 4.08, which would put the
    JavaScript version at 1.3 (at least).

    - The arguments object (as a local variable).
    - FunctionExpression (anonymous).

    Missing features and other incorrect versions.

    - The Array.prototype.unshift method is not listed. It is a
    JavaScript 1.2/JScript 5.5 feature.
    - The Array.prototype.splice method is listed as a JavaScript
    1.2 feature, though it wasn't correctly implemented until 1.3
    (it didn't previously return an array containing removed
    elements). It is also listed as a JScript 2.0 feature, though
    it wasn't introduced until 5.5.

    There might be other things that I didn't notice.

    [snip]

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Dec 30, 2005
  8. Michael Winter wrote:

    > On 27/12/2005 15:07, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> <URL:http://pointedears.de/scripts/js-version-info#ecmascript>

    > There appear to be some inaccuracies and omissions in the Language
    > Features table. [...]

    Thanks. This document is based on what I could find in vendor's online
    documentations and on certain occasions where I could test the respective
    feature; it does not claim to be accurate or complete (should I add that
    provision to the text?)

    Any correction/addition as to things really are is welcome and will be
    credited where it is due.

    Regards,
    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 30, 2005
  9. Renato Cindori

    Randy Webb Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 12/30/2005 11:12 AM:
    > Michael Winter wrote:
    >

    >>On 27/12/2005 15:07, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >>
    >>> <URL:http://pointedears.de/scripts/js-version-info#ecmascript>

    >>There appear to be some inaccuracies and omissions in the Language
    >>Features table. [...]

    > Thanks. This document is based on what I could find in vendor's online
    > documentations and on certain occasions where I could test the respective
    > feature; it does not claim to be accurate or complete (should I add that
    > provision to the text?)

    Yes. And possibly a contact method so that people who see it and
    possible inaccuracies could let you know.

    > Any correction/addition as to things really are is welcome and will be
    > credited where it is due.

    Line: 124
    Char: 1
    Error: Object doesn't support this method or property.

    Is the error given when the page opens.

    IE6 SP2 on WinXP

    --
    Randy