Javascript editor

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Renato said:
What javascript editor is the best for writing javascript???

1. It's _JavaScript_, and that is only one ECMAScript implementation.
<URL:http://pointedears.de/scripts/js-version-info#ecmascript>
(Probably I will add KJS later.)

2. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

I would like to add that MyEclipse 4.1M2 [1] (which alas is not compatible
to Eclipse 3.2M4 which introduces linked resources everywhere among other
nice things[2]; however, it is to 3.2M3 [3]) has its JavaScript editor
improved and a JavaScript debugger added (where I have not tested the
latter yet):

<URL:http://myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-70.html>

PointedEars

P.S.: Your keyboard seems to be broken, especially Question Mark key.
___________
[1]
<URL:http://myeclipseide.com/Downloads+index-req-viewdownload-cid-4.html>
[2]
<URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.2M4-200512151506/>
[3]
<URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.2M3-200511021600/>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Thomas said:
I would like to add that MyEclipse 4.1M2 [1] (which alas is not compatible
to Eclipse 3.2M4 which introduces linked resources everywhere among other
nice things[2]; however, it is to 3.2M3 [3]) has its JavaScript editor
improved and a JavaScript debugger added (where I have not tested the
latter yet):

<URL:http://myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-70.html>

I have now, alas it turns out that "The JavaScript debugger cannot be used
in non-Windows OS in this version of MyEclipse", which is a Big Minus for
me. One would have thought they would include means to use an external
debugger of choice. But then again the Code Assist feature specifies DOM
features like document.getElementById that NN4(!) does not support as "not
supported by Netscape" and "only supported by IE" ...

PointedEars

jussij

What javascript editor is the best for writing javascript???

The Zeus for Windows IDE has support for Java Script:

http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html
Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial)

It does code folding, class browsing and syntax highlighting
for the Java Script language. You can even write Zeus macros
using Java Script.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows

Michael Winter

On 27/12/2005 15:07, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

[snip]

There appear to be some inaccuracies and omissions in the Language
Features table.

The following features work here in IE 4.01, which would put the JScript
version at 3.0 (at least).

- UnicodeEscapeSequence in string and regular expression
literals.
- The arguments.callee property.
- The String.prototype.charCodeAt method.

The following features work here in NN 4.08, which would put the
JavaScript version at 1.3 (at least).

- The arguments object (as a local variable).
- FunctionExpression (anonymous).

Missing features and other incorrect versions.

- The Array.prototype.unshift method is not listed. It is a
JavaScript 1.2/JScript 5.5 feature.
- The Array.prototype.splice method is listed as a JavaScript
1.2 feature, though it wasn't correctly implemented until 1.3
(it didn't previously return an array containing removed
elements). It is also listed as a JScript 2.0 feature, though
it wasn't introduced until 5.5.

There might be other things that I didn't notice.

[snip]

Mike

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Michael said:

There appear to be some inaccuracies and omissions in the Language
Features table. [...]

Thanks. This document is based on what I could find in vendor's online
documentations and on certain occasions where I could test the respective
feature; it does not claim to be accurate or complete (should I add that
provision to the text?)

Any correction/addition as to things really are is welcome and will be
credited where it is due.

Regards,
PointedEars

Randy Webb

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 12/30/2005 11:12 AM:
Michael Winter wrote:

There appear to be some inaccuracies and omissions in the Language
Features table. [...]

Thanks. This document is based on what I could find in vendor's online
documentations and on certain occasions where I could test the respective
feature; it does not claim to be accurate or complete (should I add that
provision to the text?)

Yes. And possibly a contact method so that people who see it and
possible inaccuracies could let you know.
Any correction/addition as to things really are is welcome and will be
credited where it is due.

Line: 124
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support this method or property.

Is the error given when the page opens.

IE6 SP2 on WinXP