Javascript errors

boydpatty

Hello,
Could anyone pass along some information on how I can get my Javascrip
to run properly? I've been trying for ages now get my links which use
Java to open. Most recently the problem is occuring in Hotmail. Up
until 3 days ago things were fine in Hotmail. I've tried changing the
Explorer properties of Java (logging and console enabled and not).
Recently I've installed some form of Java which lists in the properties
as Java Sun and wonder if this has something to do with it. Often
links open without problems but the on-going problem is getting a black
window when I try to open many other links off of a main homepage, the
error reads as various types of Java (ie. G or MM). Does anyone have
some advice on what I should change or download? I'm currently running
Explorer on Windows xp.
Thanks...Patty

Randy Webb

Hello,
Could anyone pass along some information on how I can get my Javascrip
to run properly? I've been trying for ages now get my links which use
Java to open. Most recently the problem is occuring in Hotmail. Up
until 3 days ago things were fine in Hotmail. I've tried changing the
Explorer properties of Java (logging and console enabled and not).
Recently I've installed some form of Java which lists in the properties
as Java Sun and wonder if this has something to do with it. Often
links open without problems but the on-going problem is getting a black
window when I try to open many other links off of a main homepage, the
error reads as various types of Java (ie. G or MM). Does anyone have
some advice on what I should change or download? I'm currently running
Explorer on Windows xp.
Thanks...Patty

Try asking in a Java group. comp.lang.java

Java and Javascript are totally different things.

boydpatty

Ok, thanks. Yes, I suppose I was confused by the 2 of them. But I
think my problem lies in the javascript. Typical errors read like
this... javascript:G('/cgi-bin/hmhome?');
Any suggestions?

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
Ok, thanks. Yes, I suppose I was confused by the 2 of them. But I
think my problem lies in the javascript. Typical errors read like
this... javascript:G('/cgi-bin/hmhome?');
Any suggestions?

There must be more to the error message than that.

G() is not a standard Javascript function. It's something that
is (or is supposed to be) defined within the document.