    Explorer on Windows xp.
    Thanks...Patty

    , Jan 24, 2005

  2. Randy Webb Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Could anyone pass along some information on how I can get my Javascrip
    > to run properly? I've been trying for ages now get my links which use
    > Java to open. Most recently the problem is occuring in Hotmail. Up
    > until 3 days ago things were fine in Hotmail. I've tried changing the
    > Explorer properties of Java (logging and console enabled and not).
    > Recently I've installed some form of Java which lists in the properties
    > as Java Sun and wonder if this has something to do with it. Often
    > links open without problems but the on-going problem is getting a black
    > window when I try to open many other links off of a main homepage, the
    > error reads as various types of Java (ie. G or MM). Does anyone have
    > some advice on what I should change or download? I'm currently running
    > Explorer on Windows xp.
    > Thanks...Patty

    Try asking in a Java group. comp.lang.java

    Java and Javascript are totally different things.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Jan 24, 2005

    Ok, thanks. Yes, I suppose I was confused by the 2 of them. But I
    think my problem lies in the javascript. Typical errors read like
    this... javascript:G('/cgi-bin/hmhome?');
    Any suggestions?

    , Jan 24, 2005
  4. Lee Guest

    said:

    >Ok, thanks. Yes, I suppose I was confused by the 2 of them. But I
    >think my problem lies in the javascript. Typical errors read like
    >this... javascript:G('/cgi-bin/hmhome?');
    >Any suggestions?

    There must be more to the error message than that.

    G() is not a standard Javascript function. It's something that
    is (or is supposed to be) defined within the document.

    Lee, Jan 24, 2005