Javascript for Pop-up window on DataGrid/UltraWebGrid cell click

Rathtap

One column of the grid displays 'Notes' and therefore has many more
characters than can be properly displayed in a grids' cell. I use a
pop-up window containing a TextBox to show that value.
I also want the user to be able to edit text in the child window which
should then be displayed in the cell when the child is closed. This is
akin to popping up a calendar control and inserting that selection in
the parent window.
Any help with the javascript for either a DataGrid/UltrawebGrid is
much appreciated.

Marina

For Infragistics questions, you should go directly to them or their
newsgroups.

They do have some client side functions to do this sort of thing.

Let's assume 'cellID' is a variable containing the cell you want to change.
You could call:

igtbl_getCellById(cellID).setValue('new value')

to set the value.

They do have documentation for their client side functionality, though I
have found it to sometimes be inaccurate. The API is not too intuitive
either, it takes a little getting used to.

Rathtap

I have tried them but with no luck. They say it is not a supported
functionality and therefore are unable to provide any help.