javascript frames works netscape not internet explorer

Randy Weber

I have a page with two frames, 'header' and 'main'. The following
code works in Netscape, but in Internet Explorer. The second bgColor
line produces an error:

function test(){
top.frames.header.document.bgColor='white'; //works fine
top.frames.main.document.bgColor='white'; //fails
}

Thanks in advance.

Martin Walke

Hi Randy,

It works for me ;-). Just make sure that your frames in your frameset file
are named as you have specified i.e. header and main.

Martin