Javascript - Full Screen on Second Monitor? (Bump)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by HockeyTownUSA, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. I am working a project where I am using two monitors and using
    HTML/Javascript to display the information I want.

    I have my main stuff on the main monitor, but when each page loads, I want
    an image to load fullscreen on the second monitor as well. I am using
    800x600 resoution on both.

    If I use:

    function openWindow()
    {
    mainWindow = window.open("thispage.htm","pagename","fullscreen=yes");
    }

    that works fine for the main monitor.

    I have then tried to use the second monitor to open an image by using the
    same type of thing:

    function imageWindow()
    {
    openImage = window.open("image.jpg","imagepage","fullscreen=yes");
    openImage.moveTo(801,0);
    parent.focus();
    }

    I am trying to use it with the onload command as well:

    I am passing arguments to these functions but simplified it here.

    Anyhow it will only open it full screen on the first monitor. I can position
    it and move it to the second monitor if it is not full screen just fine.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Mark

    HockeyTownUSA, Jul 22, 2003

  2. HockeyTownUSA

    Grant Wagner Guest

    HockeyTownUSA wrote:

    > I am working a project where I am using two monitors and using
    > HTML/Javascript to display the information I want.
    >
    > I have my main stuff on the main monitor, but when each page loads, I want
    > an image to load fullscreen on the second monitor as well. I am using
    > 800x600 resoution on both.
    >
    > If I use:
    >
    > function openWindow()
    > {
    > mainWindow = window.open("thispage.htm","pagename","fullscreen=yes");
    > }
    >
    > that works fine for the main monitor.
    >
    > I have then tried to use the second monitor to open an image by using the
    > same type of thing:
    >
    > function imageWindow()
    > {
    > openImage = window.open("image.jpg","imagepage","fullscreen=yes");
    > openImage.moveTo(801,0);
    > parent.focus();
    > }
    >
    > I am trying to use it with the onload command as well:

    > I am passing arguments to these functions but simplified it here.
    >
    > Anyhow it will only open it full screen on the first monitor. I can position
    > it and move it to the second monitor if it is not full screen just fine.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Mark

    [window object].moveTo() and [window object].resizeTo() do not work on windows
    opened with fullscreen=1 or fullscreen=yes. This was a security addition to
    Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 to prevent chromeless windows from mimicing
    or spoofing existing UI elements.

    --
    | Grant Wagner <>

    *

    *

    * Tips for upgrading JavaScript for Netscape 6/7 and Mozilla

    Grant Wagner, Jul 23, 2003