javascript functions in form: blur and focus

4

4Ankit

hello all, i am having trouble understanding what the difference is
between BLUR and FOCUS. I need to include these functions in my form
and i am unsure what these features do and how i incorporate these
into my form. All help would be much appreciated.

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
hello all, i am having trouble understanding what the difference is
between BLUR and FOCUS. I need to include these functions in my form
and i am unsure what these features do and how i incorporate these
into my form. All help would be much appreciated.

If you don't know what they do, how do you know that you need
to incorporate them into your form? Have you tried asking the
instructor to explain it more clearly? That's really the sort
of thing they're paid for, after all.

Tom Cole

--

When you tab into a field or click on a field you give it focus. You
can also set this focus (i.e. place the cursor) on an element

Blur is the opposite. Blur is where you state "I no longer want focus,
allow something else to have it if they want it and there's somewthing
else to give it to." When you click on field 2, field 1 (assuming it
HAD focus) becomes blurred.

HTH.

Lee

Tom Cole said:
When you tab into a field or click on a field you give it focus. You
can also set this focus (i.e. place the cursor) on an element
programmatically.

Blur is the opposite. Blur is where you state "I no longer want focus,
allow something else to have it if they want it and there's somewthing
else to give it to." When you click on field 2, field 1 (assuming it
HAD focus) becomes blurred.

Why are you telling me this?