    But when I minimize the IE window, and maximize it again, the code works
    fine.
    Can anybody give me some case that can cause this situation?
    Kai Zhu, Oct 28, 2006

  2. Kai Zhu

    smerf Guest

    "Kai Zhu" <> wrote in message
    news:ehvvm1$p6q$...
    >I wrote a piece of code to handle drag and drop of DIV element.
    > The code works fine in firefox, but has some problem will IE. We I load
    > the HTML, I can not drag the DIV, and IE seems to be not responding to
    > anything. But when I minimize the IE window, and maximize it again, the
    > code works fine.
    > Can anybody give me some case that can cause this situation?

    What version of IE?

    --
    Smerf
    "Why don't pet food companies make mouse flavored cat food?"
    smerf, Oct 28, 2006

  3. Kai Zhu

    James Black Guest

    Kai Zhu wrote:
    > I wrote a piece of code to handle drag and drop of DIV element.
    > The code works fine in firefox, but has some problem will IE. We I load the
    > HTML, I can not drag the DIV, and IE seems to be not responding to anything.
    > But when I minimize the IE window, and maximize it again, the code works
    > fine.
    > Can anybody give me some case that can cause this situation?

    You may want to show what your code looks like, for the DnD.

    Also, if you can't figure out how to get it to work, you can look at
    various libraries that will do DnD.

    I am curious if when the user clicks on the div, if you then set the
    mousemove event handler so that you can track where the mouse is at.

    You should also set the mouseup at that point on the div, so that when
    they release the mouse you can unset these two events, and stop the
    dragging.

    Here is a simple tutorial that may help you out:
    http://www.webreference.com/programming/javascript/mk/column2/index.html
    James Black, Oct 28, 2006
  4. Kai Zhu

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Kai Zhu wrote:
    > I wrote a piece of code to handle drag and drop of DIV element.
    > The code works fine in firefox, but has some problem will IE. We I load the
    > HTML, I can not drag the DIV, and IE seems to be not responding to anything.
    > But when I minimize the IE window, and maximize it again, the code works
    > fine.
    > Can anybody give me some case that can cause this situation?

    See the source code of http://www.cwdjr.net/test/newDrag.html . This
    works on all browser that I have, including IE6, and it will drag
    divisions, images, or text. The script is based on one posted in this
    group 2 or 3 years ago by Lasse Nielsen as noted in a comment in the
    source code. This question often comes up here. There are a lot of drag
    codes out there that work only on a few browsers.
    cwdjrxyz, Oct 28, 2006
  5. TheBagbournes, Oct 29, 2006
  6. Kai Zhu

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    TheBagbournes wrote:
    > Kai Zhu wrote:
    > > I wrote a piece of code to handle drag and drop of DIV element.

    > You're wasting your time.
    >
    > Use http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

    Thus site may work. However I can not recommend it. For example, in
    their simple example of code to drag 3 objects, a very simple case,
    they managed to generate over 200 lines of code on the main page with
    links to 6 external scripts, and there were several validation errors
    at the W3C validator. They seem to have generated a bloated
    one-size-fits-all code, that reminds me of some of the Windows programs
    for writing code. Also, for the several external scripts, you are
    linking to an outside server rather than to your own if you are not
    using Yahoo as a host. Of course you likely could download this whole
    bloated mess of Yahoo scripts, but you will then have to put them all
    up on your server and link to several external scripts every time you
    wish to use even the most simple drag-and-drop operation.
    cwdjrxyz, Oct 29, 2006
  7. Kai Zhu

    Kai Zhu Guest

    Thank you for recommending this nice code to me, this helps a lot.

    Kai Zhu, Oct 29, 2006