JavaScript has no GOTO and neither does VBSCRIPT

electrician

Yes, no GOTO. This is a major blunder on part of the creators of these
tools. GOTO gives the programmer the absolute control over the
program. Yes, no matter what, a GOTO sends the program to where YOU
want and takes the power away from the mean spirited CREATORS. Yes,
even GOD gave us free will! But the creators of JavaScript have
decided they will forever interfere in how YOU program. THEY have
decided to keep GOTO to themselves and make programmers forever,
beholding to THEM. THEY have decided that they will command how you
write programs and that we do not have the ability to judge when to use
GOTO. Instead they have decided we are not capable. THESE GODS have
exercised arrogance beyond the norm and should be punished for it.
These GEEKS obviously suffer from a sense of powerlessness in their day
to day lives, and have resorted to this underhanded slight of mind to
restore their sense of worth. May GOD smite these beasts of silicon!

RobG

Yes, no GOTO. This is a major blunder on part of the creators of these
tools. GOTO gives the programmer the absolute control over the
program. Yes, no matter what, a GOTO sends the program to where YOU
want and takes the power away from the mean spirited CREATORS.

[...]

This issue was sorted out the last time you trolled here: you were going to
write your programs in VB Script or some other language.

Perhaps your sole mission in life is to rail against an unnamed
intelligentsia that refuses to endorse a language feature that you alone
wish to introduce. Keep it up and you will be ignored in perpetuity - I
suspect you already are by most who visit here regularly.

The sole defensible purpose of goto is to break from a deeply nested loop.
JavaScript has labels for that purpose, and deep loops can be broken out
of by other means.

JavaScript does not need goto. Goto has been characterised as unnecessary
and promoting bad habits for over 40 years. Here's another reference from
nearly 20 years ago, do you know more than the original developers of the C
language?

"Goto and Labels

"C provides the infinitely-abusable goto statement, and labels
to branch to. Formally, the goto is never necessary, and in
practice it is almost always easy to write code without it. We
have not used goto in this book.

"... code that relies on goto statements is generally harder
to understand and maintain than code without gotos. Although we
are not dogmatic about the matter, it does seem that goto
statements should be used rarely, if at all."

Kernighan & Ritchie, The C Programming Language, Ed 2, 1988.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 3/17/2006 1:40 PM:
Yes, no GOTO.

And thankfully so.
This is a major blunder on part of the creators of these tools.

No, it is a major blunder on your ability to use common sense and good
programming practices.
GOTO gives the programmer the absolute control over the program.

Pure nonsense. I have absolute control over my programs and I don't use
GOTO and have no need to. Again, that is a major blunder in your ability
to use good programming practices. Have you not heard of functions? They
make GOTO look, well, stupid.
Yes, no matter what, a GOTO sends the program to where YOU want and takes
the power away from the mean spirited CREATORS.

More of your pure nonsense. I have total power over the flow of my
program. I hope you do better electrical work than you do debating or
programming.
Yes, even GOD gave us free will!

Too bad he forgot to give you common sense.
But the creators of JavaScript have decided they will forever interfere
in how YOU program.

You really are stupid, aren't you? How did you ever manage to make it
through life without getting electrocuted or run over by a car/truck?
THEY have decided to keep GOTO to themselves and make programmers forever,
beholding to THEM.

If you weren't so funny to read, it would be a pity.
THEY have decided that they will command how you write programs and that
we do not have the ability to judge when to use GOTO.

And thankfully so. Even if JS had a GOTO, I still wouldn't use it. You
want GOTO? Use BASIC.

function GOTO(){
//
}

There, now you have a GOTO. If I cared, I couldn't even make it act like
BASIC's GOTO that you want so bad.
Instead they have decided we are not capable.

With regards to you, they were right.
THESE GODS have exercised arrogance beyond the norm and should be punished for it.

I will have to hunt later in all the programming groups to see if this
moron posted this crap there also.
These GEEKS obviously suffer from a sense of powerlessness in their day
to day lives, and have resorted to this underhanded slight of mind to
restore their sense of worth. May GOD smite these beasts of silicon!

Yep, you are a fruitcake, that's for sure.