JavaScript in Front-End, Xxx in Back-End

vunet

Would anyone want to share your thoughts and experience about what
back-end system one conveniently used and enjoyed for creation of AJAX
Enterprise applications. I am currently obliged to use Struts 1 + Java
where I find a lot of disadvantages and no flexibility to easily
integrate various scripts within the code to have AJAX UI. I came
across OpenXava (POJO+JPA) project where it claims that the
development of apps is even faster than Ruby on Rails and more
flexible because all you do is write a Model. What technologies do you
recommend for RIA development?
Thank you.

Kiran Makam

I am currently obliged to use Struts 1 + Java
where I find a lot of disadvantages and no flexibility to easily
integrate various scripts within the code to have AJAX UI.
We are using Struts+Java on server-side, custom UI components and YUI,
and JSON for transferring data in our application. We have not faced
any major issues in integrating backend with UI.

Can you tell more about the issues, which you are facing.

Kiran Makam

vunet

We are using Struts+Java on server-side, custom UI components and YUI,
and JSON for transferring data in our application. We have not faced
any major issues in integrating backend with UI.

Can you tell more about the issues, which you are facing.

Kiran Makam

Yes,for example, there are <html:html> or <html:form> tags (on JSP
side) which I am not able to easily modify, say add onClick events,
etc., because they generate the back-end HTML code. Of course there
are workarounds, or maybe, I am not much of a Struts expert yet but I
find these inconveniences here and there. The system I work with had
been created years ago so I find it hard to use with AJAX in some
cases unless I recode pages.