    flexible because all you do is write a Model. What technologies do you
    recommend for RIA development?
    Thank you.
    vunet, May 19, 2009

  2. vunet

    Kiran Makam Guest

    On May 19, 7:05 pm, vunet <> wrote:
    > I am currently obliged to use Struts 1 + Java
    > where I find a lot of disadvantages and no flexibility to easily
    > integrate various scripts within the code to have AJAX UI.

    We are using Struts+Java on server-side, custom UI components and YUI,
    and JSON for transferring data in our application. We have not faced
    any major issues in integrating backend with UI.

    Can you tell more about the issues, which you are facing.

    Kiran Makam
    Kiran Makam, May 19, 2009

  3. vunet

    vunet Guest

    On May 19, 10:37 am, Kiran Makam <> wrote:
    > On May 19, 7:05 pm, vunet <> wrote:> I am currently obliged to use Struts 1 + Java
    > > where I find a lot of disadvantages and no flexibility to easily
    > > integrate various scripts within the code to have AJAX UI.

    > We are using Struts+Java on server-side, custom UI components and YUI,
    > and JSON for transferring data in our application. We have not faced
    > any major issues in integrating backend with UI.
    >
    > Can you tell more about the issues, which you are facing.
    >
    > Kiran Makam

    Yes,for example, there are <html:html> or <html:form> tags (on JSP
    side) which I am not able to easily modify, say add onClick events,
    etc., because they generate the back-end HTML code. Of course there
    are workarounds, or maybe, I am not much of a Struts expert yet but I
    find these inconveniences here and there. The system I work with had
    been created years ago so I find it hard to use with AJAX in some
    cases unless I recode pages.
    vunet, May 19, 2009