javascript layering? Maybe wrong question..

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by news.verizon.net, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Hi all, I have a website created by others and sort of meshed together.
    Here are a couple of links...
    http://www.ibco.net/honours/rc/ See how the navigation bars on the left
    come in behind this - is there anyway to tell it to stack it otherwise?
    http://www.ibco.net/honours/rc/index.asp?showpage=photographs&golfmenu=1
    This is the same problem.

    Here is a site it works on because the slide shows were created differently:
    http://www.limestonesprings.com

    Can this be done to work with what I'm doing now?

    Thank you for all your help,
    Kathy

    --
    Kathy McCullough (kmc)
    Senior Editor

    "Life takes its own turns, makes its own demands, writes its own story. And
    along the way, we start to realize we are not the author."
    George W. Bush
    news.verizon.net, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Kathy.

    I quite liked the site which worked, it looked pleasing and relatively easy
    to navigate round, how do they do this I wondered ? So, I took a look at the
    code.

    Good grief !!! What a clumsey way to code something like a menu!

    There appears to be lots of images and image maps being used which will have
    a heavy impact on performance. I'm working on a menu technique for my site
    right now which doesn't use submenus but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too
    difficult to change to get it working. I'm using dynamic HTML (take a look
    at the Microsoft site and the lh menu bar, see how the submenus pull out)

    I would use this method, it is more complex to code but the performance will
    be better and once you get your mind round the code it's really not so bad.

    Well, thats my 5 pence worth!

    Chris
    Chris Leonard, Jul 9, 2003