Javascript links and search engine spiders

Simon Wigzell

Will a search engine spider pick up and follow (and index!) a javascript
popup window link like this :

<a onclick="MyWindow=window.open('http://www.[SOME
DOMAIN].com','MyWindow','')">[SOME STRING]</a>

Thanks!

Simon Wigzell

KC Wong said:
Will a search engine spider pick up and follow (and index!) a javascript
popup window link like this :

<a onclick="MyWindow=window.open('http://www.[SOME
DOMAIN].com','MyWindow','')">[SOME STRING]</a>

Yes and No.
Oh great and mighty Zen master of the universe, please, oh pretty please,
shed a little more of your great wisdom and knowledge on a pathetic little
ignornat peon like me. I back away, groveling, eyes cast down, bowing,
tugging my forlock at your great and majestic wisdom, hoping for more
enlightenment....

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Simon Wigzell said:
Will a search engine spider pick up and follow (and index!) a javascript
popup window link like this :

<a onclick="MyWindow=window.open('http://www.[SOME
DOMAIN].com','MyWindow','')">[SOME STRING]</a>

My guess is: Probably not. It depends entirely on the spider.
If they follow the URL, they will most likely also index it.
/L

KC Wong

Will a search engine spider pick up and follow (and index!) a
javascript
popup window link like this :

<a onclick="MyWindow=window.open('http://www.[SOME
DOMAIN].com','MyWindow','')">[SOME STRING]</a>

Yes and No.

You didn't state *which search engine spider* you're using. Depending on how
it is written (how it parses the page), it may or may not pick up links in
java scripts.

KC