javascript links don't work on ns/linux, but do on ns/win

Sina Tootoonian

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple DHTML test page. Basically there is a table cell
setup so that when I mouseover it, a previously hidden <DIV> section
becomes visible. This div section has a link on it to www.google.ca.
This setup works just fine on Netscape 7.1 and IE 6 for Windows, but
does NOT work on Netscape 7.1 on Redhat Linux 9, or Mozilla 1.5 on the
same system. By NOT working I mean that the division does become
visible, and mousing over the link does cause the address to show up
on the status bar, but clicking on just hides the division, and does
NOT activate the link to google. The code is included below. Any help
you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sina Tootoonian

------------------------

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
a{
color: #0033CC;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover{
color:#3366FF;
text-decoration: underline;
}
#menu{
position: absolute;
visibility: hidden;
left: 10px;
top: 27px;
width: 100px;
height: 100px;
background-color: #003399;
color: gold;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
}
..menu_on{
background-color: #AAAAAA;
font-size: 12px;
}
..menu_off{
background-color: #EEEEEE;
font-size: 12px;
}
charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD class='menu_on' onMouseOver='this.className="menu_on";
getElementById("menu").style.visibility="visible";'
onMouseOut='this.className="menu_off";
getElementById("menu").style.visibility="hidden";'>Mouseover</TD>
<TD bgcolor='red' width='50px'></TD>
<TD bgcolor='green' width='50px'></TD>
<TD bgcolor='blue' width='50px'></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
onMouseOut = 'this.style.visibility="hidden";'>