javascript location.reload causes "retry / cancel" popup

Guest

Hi peeps

I'm developing an intranet application which uses a main window and various
popups created with javascript ( window.open() ).

When the user saves what they are doing in the popup, i use
opener.location.reload() to refresh the parent window. Most of the time this
works fine, but one parent in particular always asks if we want to refresh
the window (re post the form data), and I get that "retry / cancel" dialog
box.

I'd really like to get rid of this, but im not sure if I can, or what
settings to change? Is it possible? Or is there another way to refresh the
parent that doesnt cause this reposting dialog to appear?

Client doesn't want the message.. help!!

Cheers

Dan

Shawn

How about submitting the form instead of reloading it?
window.opener.document.forms["myForm"].submit()

Shawn

Guest

Thanks Shawn - I'll try that!

dhnriverside said:
Hi peeps

I'm developing an intranet application which uses a main window and various
popups created with javascript ( window.open() ).

When the user saves what they are doing in the popup, i use
opener.location.reload() to refresh the parent window. Most of the time this
works fine, but one parent in particular always asks if we want to refresh
the window (re post the form data), and I get that "retry / cancel" dialog
box.

I'd really like to get rid of this, but im not sure if I can, or what
settings to change? Is it possible? Or is there another way to refresh the
parent that doesnt cause this reposting dialog to appear?

Client doesn't want the message.. help!!

Cheers

Dan

Guest

Hi Shawn