Javascript MouseOver button

richk

I'm very frusterated..Been trying to make mouseover buttons and cant
get it to work...can someone but up some sample code to show how to do
it, with a one button sameple and how to add additional please. or
point me in the direction of a tutorial..I want to be able to make
them for my site

kaeli

I'm very frusterated..Been trying to make mouseover buttons and cant
get it to work...can someone but up some sample code to show how to do
it, with a one button sameple and how to add additional please. or
point me in the direction of a tutorial..I want to be able to make
them for my site

That depends on what you mean by a mouseover *button*.

Taken literally...
<input type="button" onMouseOver="window.status='moused!';"
onMouseOut="window.status='';" value="hover me">

If that's not what you meant, please clarify.

richk

kaeli said:
That depends on what you mean by a mouseover *button*.

Taken literally...
<input type="button" onMouseOver="window.status='moused!';"
onMouseOut="window.status='';" value="hover me">

If that's not what you meant, please clarify.

No not put of a form button.

I'm constructing a set of buttons to go on the main page of my
website....These buttons when clicked by the mouse go to the various
pages that they are linked to within my site.. Also When the mouse
cursor is on the button the text on the botton appears to be turned on
like a lightbulb in the button...the set of buttons are going to be
used for navigation to other areas (pages) on my site..Does this
clarify it better for you..i hope

kaeli

I'm constructing a set of buttons to go on the main page of my
website....These buttons when clicked by the mouse go to the various
pages that they are linked to within my site.. Also When the mouse
cursor is on the button the text on the botton appears to be turned on
like a lightbulb in the button...the set of buttons are going to be
used for navigation to other areas (pages) on my site..Does this
clarify it better for you..i hope

Oh, yeah, sure.
Those are rollover images. No one uses real buttons for that. I know a
lot of people call them buttons, but they're not. ;)
You need two images. One has the "on" text and one has the "off" text.
Many image programs, like Photoshop, or development IDEs, like
Dreamweaver, can create the code for you.
If you want to do it yourself, see the link below.

http://www.webreference.com/js/column1/