javascript newbie - please help - i'm going mad

Michelle

Hi all

I have managed to create a menu system and it works exactly as i want it
to except for one thing. The menu items appear and disappear with
onmouseover and onmouseout events. My problem is that if the mouse is
over an area of the page where the menu does not exist (ie empty white
area of page) i want all submenus that are showing to disappear. I have
the code to make them disappear but cannot work out how to determine if
the mouse is over an area of the page that does not have any other
elements on it.

Can someone help please - i would be very grateful.

thanks
Michelle

Ivo

Michelle wrote:
This is a similar question, but not an answer to the pervious question.
Is there a way to speed up the loading of a java script menu. Some
visitors to my site complain that the menu takes a while to load. I
used "Free Java Web Button" to create my menus and the menu system
works fine once it loads.

My site is at: http://www.3dallusions.com

This page loads a .js file and three .css files. The .js file contains
pretty compact code but it comes from another domain. These are all factors
contributing to load time. So all I can recommend is to combine the .css
files into one.
Or drop the useless .swf file in your footer.
HTH
Ivo